Strange anomaly with the extended battery (and Droid Bionic)

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Slothead, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Slothead

Slothead New Member

A couple months ago I dropped my Bionic and ever since then it has been acting a little strange. Every day (sometimes twice a day and infrequently more often than that) the phone shuts down with the caution announcement "Please notice - your battery is low". I restart the phone and it has anywhere between 60 and 90% charge left. I know something is falsely causing the phone to think the battery is low, but I don't know if it is the battery or the phone. I don't want to waste money on a new battery if I don't need it (while I purchased, and am using, the extended battery, I can't find the standard battery that came with the phone a couple years ago).

I have the $7/month insurance coverage, but I'm not sure if it applies here (battery?)

So has anyone seen anything like this and have any recommendations how to approach the situation?

Thanks,
  2. moset

moset Member

You might try battery"training" there is a thread here somewhere. Basically run it down fully then recharge fully. There's a bit more to it but it "teaches" the phone what the battery capacity really is.
    I don't know if there is a way without root to delete the battery stats but that also might help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Slothead

Slothead New Member

I'll try the "training" but I doubt it will help. Here's a screen shot of the Battery Booster app. Notice the dropouts on Feb 6, 7 and 8 (once a day I guess), and that they go clear to zero (open circuit - either in the battery or the phone's battery interface. The only way I know to test either part is to monitor it for an entire day (carrying it around etc.), not a simple task.

View attachment 60515
Search tags for this page
droid bionic battery booster

droid bionic extended battery

droid bionic extended battery ? stat

extended battery droid bionic

extended battery for droid bionic

larger battery for droid training
please notice your phone battery
please notice your phone's battery is low
training extended battery for droid x