Strange, annoying Bootstrap issue - help please...

Discussion in 'Droid X Rooted Help' started by BillK, Jan 9, 2011.

1. BillK

BillK New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've rooted my Droid X with Z4 and made a nandroid backup.

I then installed ApeX 1.30 and everything works great.

The issue is - when I take my phone off it's charger each morning and turn the phone on it boots into Clockwork Recovery - every single day and I must manually press the camera button to select "reboot now" - then all is well.

It ONLY does this when it's on the wall charger - not during regular reboots or on/off cycles.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Droid X Bootstrap Recovery - tried battery pulls - tried combos of the above. Tried just launching Bootstrap recovery - then turned the phone off and did a battery pull. Same old thing - every time the phone comes off the charger and its turned on - it goes straight to Clockwork Recovery and I have to manually select reboot - then all is well.

It's not a show stopping issue - but it's just annoying enough that I'd like to get it fixed.

Any tips/suggestions/hints would help. I've searched and can't seem to find the answer. Thanks in advance!

Bill

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Here's a thread that is almost on point, but I think the solution posted in thread 16 may be totally on point for your problem: Droid X restarts into bootsrapper menu

Good luck.