Straight talk from Walmart

ShawnN

Reaction score
I have the Droid X that was with Verizon. Currently, I'm with Page Plus. However, as it stands today. I am wanting to know if my phone can be ported or used via Straight Talk. I'm a fan of the Unlimited everything price they're offering and would love to save some money. I called their tech support. Spoke to a gentleman in India. He stated that it was an eligible CDMA phone with Verizon. However, as previously stated, I'm now with Page Plus. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I had a D2 on straight talk, then had it activated on Verizon a few months later, so it can be done, but the in-call time is horrid, you are talking to relative morons that have no idea how to handle the transfer, and once you clear the number/phone issue, you sit with Straight Talk and let them deal with how to port....Not fun!
far too many questions, they both want MEID, current number to port, current account info/password, phone model, check number to see if they 'can' port it and so on.....

You are also informed that your 'plan' needs to be changed to a smartphone plan, as no carrier/reseller will allow a low tier plan with a smartphone activation.
All you need to tell them is you have a phone you wish to use on Straight Talk, and you should be good to go, once you clear those hurdles mentioned earlier.