Storm2

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by danDroid, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the BB Storm 1 for a year, never had to exchange due to any issues. OS 5.0 was an EPIC FAIL, and thus why I left BB.

Storm 2 is a repackaged Storm 1 with some more memory. I'm not knocking it, if it's your taste, then so be it and enjoy! But for me... RIM dropped the ball big time.

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    LmAo just go change it or the first thing you said in yur post will be true lol DROID!!

3. easyrun99

easyrun99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Took it back this morning and exchanged it for the Droid...in fact I'm posting with it now...

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    yeehaw!! now just get the swype keyboard and you'll be in heaven! welcome back to droid.

5. Mongoose

Mongoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Similar to Martin...I too had the S1...and had no problems with mine. I didn't do the v 5.0 upgrade so maybe thats why I didn't have problems. The S1 was good to me and I still have mine with no intentions of getting rid of it. The S1 handles emails (without links) and SMS messaging quite a bit better than the DROID...additionally, the ability to size the text so my old eyes can read it was a HUGE benefit on the S1. On the other hand, the browser was really slow and app availability was non-existent at the onset and then when it did become available, oh man...buggy!! I'm not going to say that the Droid is vastly superior to the S1/2, I think they are all good phones but then I use mine mostly as a phone....and not a portable office. In the end, I think it comes down to personal preferences. Infosync writes some pretty accurate stuff and doing a side by side comparison is pretty interesting. At any rate, I have the Droid...and it has a certain "coolness" factor that I kinda like..and it does seem to be the gadget of the moment. Hopefully I will be just as satisfied with it in a year or so. Time will tell. I will say that smartphones are the wave of the future. These groundbreaking devices will, by necessity, soon become a part of everyones life and possibly even eventually surpass the PC. If you don't have one, get one and learn how to use it...Happy New Year to you all....:icon_ devil:

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    ^ Why can't everyone have an opinion like this that doesn't step on ANYONE's toes? Use what you like, there will always be defenders (and for now I will defend Droid) but if you enjoy the Storm1/2 or any other device then run with it. It's your phone and you should be the one happy with it. Not the rest of us :)

7. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Deleted, accidental post... Sorry

#43 sgtguthrie, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  8. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +275
    That looks like an accidental post, maybe in reply to a MOD offer?

Wish it were me... ;)

Sent from my A855.

9. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any idea how this ended up here... Lol. There must be a glitch somewhere.

Edit: Had to have been a glitch in Tapatalk! I wasn't even on DroidForums, I was on rootz wiki (a new site). If you're a root user, check it out :)

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

#45 sgtguthrie, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +275
    Lol ok!

Sent from my A855.