Storm 2 to Moto Droid

skadoosh73

Reaction score
Well I must say, the Droid is awesome! I just got back from verizon and exchanged my storm 2 for the droid. I'm very pleased with the exchange and glad I did it! This is a great place with lots of information. Thanks to everyone on here.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kittycat and skadoosh, you will not regret taking back the Storm2 to the Droid. I had a Storm 1 for a year and can't believe the huge differences. Can't wait to hear what you think once you've used the Droid a few days. And, this site is da bomb...it's great, with knowledgeable and friendly users.

johnnyvol

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here. I am currently a Storm 1 user, one of the first to get one, so I've had it for over a year and am not unhappy with it at all. That said, I got to play with a Droid this weekend and I was impressed enough to consider switching.

I'm asking here because this thread seems to be all Storm users converted to Droid. How does the email service work compared to the BB? I just found out today that syncing with Outlook is a no go, and that concerns me as it is my primary calendar and contact platform. Any of you former Storm troopers care to share your thoughts on this and any other items that took a while to adjust to coming from BB?

Thanks,

John

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here. I am currently a Storm 1 user, one of the first to get one, so I've had it for over a year and am not unhappy with it at all. That said, I got to play with a Droid this weekend and I was impressed enough to consider switching.

I'm asking here because this thread seems to be all Storm users converted to Droid. How does the email service work compared to the BB? I just found out today that syncing with Outlook is a no go, and that concerns me as it is my primary calendar and contact platform. Any of you former Storm troopers care to share your thoughts on this and any other items that took a while to adjust to coming from BB?

Thanks,

John

There are apps on the Android market that allow you to sync mail with outlook (it requires some software on your pc with outlook installed).

I have never used a BlackBerry and im not a business user, so I'm not sure about what you might be missing. From an average person's perspective (and those who don't rely on that business syncing stuff) it works excellent.

I know that the email app supports IMAP, so if your email account supports this feature (and if outlook supports it), it should sync across all devices using IMAP.

I know its also possible to setup auto forwarding so your email goes to a gmail (google email) account, which provides such features for free, if your original account does not.

Do you rely on some special or specific features of outlook? If not, then why not use the website interface to check your mail? I know gmail has an excellent online site for its email service (i prefer it over outlook, of course i dont use any of outlooks features like its calendar either..), not sure about whatever one you use.

Hopefully someone else who has owned a BlackBerry can give you more information. But unless your email account and outlook both supports IMAP, there is no way to sync your mail to the DROID unless you use some app from the store on the phone, combined with some software you will need to install on your pc where you use outlook. POP3 is not designed for syncing across multiple devices.