Storm 2 to Moto Droid

marksand

Reaction score
Greetings!

New here and just signed on. Bought my wife the Droid for Christmas and she hated it! :icon_evil:

I had been given a Storm 2 for Christmas by a friend. However, since I have a month to return the Droid, I thought I would try it out. Well, I'm loving it! Once I adapt to the keyboard, it will be even better for me.

Mark

rook

Reaction score
Welcome! I ditched my Storm for the Droid. No lookin back!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greetings!

New here and just signed on. Bought my wife the Droid for Christmas and she hated it! :icon_evil:

I had been given a Storm 2 for Christmas by a friend. However, since I have a month to return the Droid, I thought I would try it out. Well, I'm loving it! Once I adapt to the keyboard, it will be even better for me.

Mark
So does your wife use your Storm 2? If so, then mission accomplished - she's happy and you're bouncing with joy over the Droid. Seriously, forget about that slide out keyboard. I came from a Storm 1 and I find the digital keyboard is fairly similar to the Storm one.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome

:welcome: to the forum! Enjoy the Droid I didn't look back after the s1 or S2. I actually thought the S2 wasn't as good as the S1 in feel. Anyways, the Droid rocks!

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome, former Storm owner myself. Light years ahead of the Storm. Maybe 3-4 battery pulls with this one in almost 2 months.

skadoosh73

Reaction score
storm 2 or droid

I'm glad to have come acroos this thread. I currently own a storm 2 which i bought about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm having second thoughts about it and looking into a droid. I miss the physical keyboard and the droid seems to respond much faster and smoother than the storm. I'm still within my 30 day window so I decided to join this forum and read up on the droid. I think I may just exchange my storm 2 for the droid. Any thoughts? Thanks

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to have come acroos this thread. I currently own a storm 2 which i bought about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm having second thoughts about it and looking into a droid. I miss the physical keyboard and the droid seems to respond much faster and smoother than the storm. I'm still within my 30 day window so I decided to join this forum and read up on the droid. I think I may just exchange my storm 2 for the droid. Any thoughts? Thanks
Being a former Storm user, my answer is go for the Droid. But, are you a former BB user at all like the original Storm, or was the Storm2 your first smartphone?

skadoosh73

Reaction score
The storm 2 was/is my first storm. Still, it seems a bit sliggish when i added some apps to it and the browser is terrible IMO. I did try to download a different browser but the rest of the phone seemed to slow down. I guess I'm just not very happy with it right now.

OP
marksand

marksand

Reaction score
Had the Storm, then the Storm 2. Have only been using the Droid now for 2 days and I do not see myself going back to the Storm. The only thing I will remotely miss is the BB IM.

Browser speed is lighting fast compared to the Storm. I actually had stopped using the browswer on my Storm as it was so frustrating. I find the intigration of the apps on the Droid to be far more useful.

I'm sticking with the Droid over the Storm 2.

OP
marksand

marksand

Reaction score
OK. Leaving the gym this AM and a buddy asked me to help him install google maps on his Storm. There is no way I'm going back to my storm now. Molasses runs faster in January in Canada than the browser on the Storm. Too spoiled go go back. Hello Droid; goodbye Storm 2.

MJ2315

Reaction score
I too dumped the BB Storm for a Droid - couldn't be happier.

sir2545

Reaction score
I had the Curve and was gonna upgrade to the Tour because I have to have a physical keyboard. Thank god I didnt, the browsers on all BB devices are useless and thats the main reason I switched.....Droid is the shizzle

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regarding your comment about getting used to the physical keyboard, give it time and it will happen! Typing was so awkward for me during the first week of owning the Droid but now that I am almost 2 months in, I am typing as fast as I did on my Blackberry Curve. It's always exciting to check this forum to see what new updates, hacks, roms, or apps were released while you were sleeping.

kittycat40

Reaction score
another convert

I recently bought a storm b/c I was hesitant to leave bberry for a google based smartphone. Days after I had it my friend showed me his. The browser is lightening fast compared to bbarry's storm2. I am going back to best buy tomorrow morning to exchange :)