Storage problem

son37lumiere

Reaction score
I'm new to MIUI, installed 1.6.10 a couple days ago; well, everything was going great, I had no issues at all until today. When I went to bed last night it was working fine with about 30 MB of internal space free, when I woke up it was suddenly running very slow and I noticed the low storage warning icon in the notification bar. The system said there was 12 KB left! I began moving a bunch of apps to sd, well that didn't free up any storage at all! It jumped up to 1.5 MB free and then back to 15 KB. Now a bunch of the apps that I moved to sd just have the default android app icon with an sd note on it and when you try to open them a popup message says application not installed. I uninstalled some apps, fairly large ones too, but still no change. Tried rebooting, no change.

What the hell is going on? Anyone ever run into this before?

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
You could have a problem with your sd card. I have had an issue where after a reboot certain apps (sd based ones) don't show up a couple of reboots later they show up. Pull your SD card check it on a pc and check the SD app folder for apps you no longer have. They will also dork up your phone. Did you do a full wipe before install? Did you use titanium backup to restore your apps? And did you do a backup before you installed? Android secure should be the folder on your sd card that has your apps. You cannot get to it while it is installed in your phone you have to use a pc reader

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
You should have more like 50 to 60 mb of internal storage. I moved all of my install to sd card and I have 80 mb of internal storage when I check it . I did it using links2sd and a second partition on my memory card.

30mb will run slow so will having your sd stick to full.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums