Stopwatch and screen going off

RonK99

Reaction score
Is there a way or an app that you could say push an icon and NOT have the screen go off...then when you are done say timing something you could just push the button again and have your normal screen go to sleep time again....

It seems rather tedious to go through settings to do this every time you want to time something as you need to see the screen (timer) and it always goes off etc?

Just wondering if there is an easy way to do this?

THANKS

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will solve the problem but if you go to settings - my device - smart screen you can tell your S4 to stay on as long as you are looking at it.

Last edited:

reybie

Reaction score
I believe there are stopwatch timer apps that have the option to keep the screen awake.

OP
R

RonK99

Reaction score
What app?

I believe there are stopwatch timer apps that have the option to keep the screen awake.

Does anybody know what stop watch apps have this option?
I'm timing stuff and every time I look back the screen is off :(

Thanks!

OP
R

RonK99

Reaction score
Must clarify!

Thanks for finding this one but I guess what I really need is a timer...like for cooking and so on
One with a tone when the time is up etc....

My Galaxy S4 has an excellant stopwatch / timer...great interface only it DOESN'T have the screen stay awake option...If it did it would be perect!

Ron

reybie

Reaction score
Good you found one that suits your needs :) I just use the Kitchen Timer app for uhm... cooking :)