Stopped getting email notifications

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
I have email notifications checked and a tone selected and each time I get an email, I get a tone and the small red icon in the notification area. It stopped sending notifications the other night. Battery level was fine. I re-booted and it started again. Kaka happens.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Are you using any Profile apps? I learned the hard way to make sure I remember to change all my "default" settings in my profiles or it defaults back to the phone's original settings for various functions / actions. If you have the notifications set in one setting, but NOT in one or all of your profiles, it will go to the default setting - or vice versa.

Sometimes too, if you make changes or downloads on the phone and don't reboot it (like a PC), it will act funky until you reboot it.

OP
J

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
No profile apps

No profile apps and no task killers, etc. Computers just get confused sometimes and have to rest.

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
I am having the same issue. However, my notifications have never worked. I check the box on and if I instantly go out of settings and back in, the box is already de-selected. Pain in the arse.

OP
J

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
De-selecting notifications

Not sure why this would happen. Pull the battery and try again. Look at profile posting above.