STOPPED calls, not dropped... And this screen???

idpay2cthat

Reaction score
Hello fellow Droids. I've read thread after thread about dropped calls. I have a tons of "stopped" calls. I've installed Screen Suite and with the screen locked during calls, I still get stopped calls. Now... When this happens I get the screen in the attached picture. The END button is "alive", but doesn't do anything, the SPEAKER button is "alive" but doesn't do anything. The only thing that works is the HOME button. All other buttons are there, but don't respond at all. The caller ID area goes "blank" as pictured. When the call is lost, I don't hear any kind of click, tone, or anything. What gives? I have a few friends with moto droids having the same problem. When I called Verizon they had never heard of this problem. It happens regularly. I've tried holding the phone different ways, etc. I'm a guy with a G.I. haircut so it's not the hair thing. Defective phone? Odd though that every person I know that has one has experienced this.
Many thanks for all input!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Pull the battery and reboot the phone.

No idea why this happened tho...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pull the battery and reboot the phone.

No idea why this happened tho...

Yeah, it's odd because we have all kinds of people in this forum and I can't recall anyone talking about this either. I'd try as Backnblack suggested and if that doesn't work perhaps going to settings/privacy/factory data reset. It's not what I would consider a common problem.

OP
idpay2cthat

idpay2cthat

Reaction score
I forgot... When I called Verizon, I did the "hard restart" by removing the battery with the power on, then rebooting. So... That doesn't fix it. The Verizon guy said if it didn't fix it, it would have to do a data reset.
Thanks!

mad3963

Reaction score
Hello fellow Droids. I've read thread after thread about dropped calls. I have a tons of "stopped" calls. I've installed Screen Suite and with the screen locked during calls, I still get stopped calls. Now... When this happens I get the screen in the attached picture. The END button is "alive", but doesn't do anything, the SPEAKER button is "alive" but doesn't do anything. The only thing that works is the HOME button. All other buttons are there, but don't respond at all. The caller ID area goes "blank" as pictured. When the call is lost, I don't hear any kind of click, tone, or anything. What gives? I have a few friends with moto droids having the same problem. When I called Verizon they had never heard of this problem. It happens regularly. I've tried holding the phone different ways, etc. I'm a guy with a G.I. haircut so it's not the hair thing. Defective phone? Odd though that every person I know that has one has experienced this.
Many thanks for all input!!

Mine started doing the exact same thing a few days ago, then just as suddenly stopped! Not sure why or how. :icon_eek:

Actually, mine wasn't just displaying that screen during calls, it would do it at other times, as well. Such as is mentioned in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/40518-wrong-home-screen.html

Last edited:

alastriona

Reaction score
Mine too!

The first day I had my phone I hung up all the time! I don't know if I'm doing it or it's the phone. It also mutes me all the time! I hate making calls on my droid but I love the phone in general. Then when I go to unmute it the damn back light goes out and I can't unmute it right away! Of course verizon claims they never heard of this before and I don't want a replacement phone.:motdroidhoriz: