Stop Verizon Bloatware Poll!!!

Cripton805

Reaction score
This thread is for Verizon customers that suffer the abuse and negligence of Verizon and their crappy apps that are FORCED onto our smartphones.

I will attempt to email Verizon with these issues and post email responses onto this thread and this POLL will be used as a reference to make Verizon aware just how sick and tired we are of some of these BUGGY apps.
The more people that VOTE on the poll. The better! Whether you like bloatware or not, your opinions are needed!
(This is specifically for bloatware APPS, NOT the phones User Interface, Blur, Sense, Wiz, etc...)

(Background and why I chose to make this poll)
For me, I don't really mind bloatware. as long as it would be removable! (Without rooting)
I think some of the apps can be useful and some I might actually use, but why are they FORCED onto the phone?
Today I made the decision to create this poll due to an app that I have on my Droid Razr. The app is called SOCIAL LOCATION by Aloqa. This app is forced onto the Droid Razr and Maxx. Here's the thing, when you look it up on Google's Play Store, it specifically says TEST ONLY, DO NOT INSTALL!!! Under the description. So why the hell is this on my phone and why is it running in the background? I don't know and I don't care, but if the developer doesn't want people installing the app, it must be due to the testing. (Obviously). So why are we the lab rats? So please. Make your opinions heard.

Share your thoughts and experiences with these apps if you choose and VENT if you like. :icon_ devil:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There have been many attempts regarding their bloatware and a couple threads around here regarding it as well. We here on the forums are a very very small percentage and generally more educated in phones, so it really only bugs us. Good luck though

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed before, but it's worth a try. I don't have an issue with the apps by the way. I think some are useful, but shouldn't be forced onto their customers. It would be a good idea to centralize this sort of idea onto one thread instead of people venting in smaller threads about one specific app and such.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure other carriers make their bloatware uninstallable so why not verizon? If companies like ATT have the influence to get sponsored by hosting extra third party apps and allow them to be uninstalled then why cant the biggest, most powerful service provider in the us do the same?

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
im pretty sure other carriers make their bloatware uninstallable so why not verizon? If companies like ATT have the influence to get sponsored by hosting extra third party apps and allow them to be uninstalled then why cant the biggest, most powerful service provider in the us do the same?

I assume developers pay Verizon to make those apps NON-Removable. Therefore, Verizon makes money off of those apps. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
In some instances you get multiple apps that do the same thing that can't be removed. (Google Maps and VZW Navigation)
I think that's useless if you ask me even if you preferred one or the other.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume developers pay Verizon to make those apps NON-Removable. Therefore, Verizon makes money off of those apps. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
In some instances you get multiple apps that do the same thing that can't be removed. (Google Maps and VZW Navigation)
I think that's useless if you ask me even if you preferred one or the other.
what about other service providers like ATT? they also have bloatware apps like verizon but they CAN be uninstalled on ATT

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I personally believe that the bloat ware should be removable.... go ahead and install it on the phone.... that part is fine because it may be something a person may be interested in... but it shouldn't be unable to be deleted. Imho

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the issue is that the carrier makes too much money off bloatware so unless you find another source for the carrier to gain that revenue your just wasting your time.

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
the issue is that the carrier makes too much money off bloatware so unless you find another source for the carrier to gain that revenue your just wasting your time.

Bloatware is "OK" with me as I'm sure it might be for most people, but there is a difference with removable and not.
Therefore Verizon can still make money by pre-loading the hell out of our phones. I don't care if it's maxed out if they wanted to promote certain apps and such, but make them removable.
The first thing I do when I get my phones are check out the apps that my phone comes with. Then shortly after, I choose which ones I like and which I dont, then I proceed to try and remove them. I also would like to do this WITHOUT voiding my warranty.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Internet polls and petitions.... #yawn

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
Internet polls and petitions.... #yawn

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

The thread title does have the word Poll in it, therefore theres nothing in this thread that you shouldnt have expected from the thread title when you clicked on it.

Your contribution is appreciated, but unless somebody is physically, legally, or mentally telekinetic forcing you to contribute, you dont have to.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Root, install Titanium, and I'm good to go.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Just as you're able to do on a PC, uninstalling applications that you do not need or will not use should be an option on our mobile devices as well. Some of the apps that are preloaded negatively affect the battery life that so many of us deem precious. It really is asinine that our only option as consumers is to root our phone (and thereby void our warranty) in order to remove an application that serves no purpose other than to take up space and drain system resources. :mad:

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
According to phone Arena, TMobile started posting ads on the notification bar of their Android phones. They got backlashed by a shhhh ton of angry customers and very quickly removed the ads. Hopefully we see this happen with future VZW devices with OTA updates with things customers absolutely do not want. Like bloatware for example.

jayboe

Reaction score
Personally I feel like there has been a drug slipped in my drink.
Let's say you go and buy a brand new car and then you take it down to your local detail shop (PLAY STORE) and you find that with a little research you can customize your car to your style and liking. That's all good, right?
Then one day you go outside to find that someone has mounted a seed spreader (BLOATWARE) to the roof. Look at the pretty birds, right? Well now, by the end of the day your car ain't looking so good, huh? (FACE VALUE) And now you gotta work on cleaning it up. (MORE UPDATES MORE OFTEN)
BUT IT DOESN'T STOP THERE! Next thing you know, the birds are attracting cats (THIRD PARTIES) which will bring a sorted assault of smells (JUNKY APPS), caterwauling, and dogs barking (SELLING POINTS) then the value of the neighbourhood goes down.... and it is a catastrophic domino effect until you finally have to move somewhere else before you are ducking bullets.
Just to add to your dismay you finally realize that when you bought your car it didn't have a seed spreader mounted on the roof. When did that get there? I don't remember paying for that, it's not in my contract. Who is responsible for this mess?

"That's all I gotta say about that." (FORREST GUMP)
If you give them this inch they will not stop until they THINK they own you as if it were some magical Microsoft product. (VIRUS PIT) ;)

Come on Verizon, don't you know the underlying tone of a Linux based system. FREE TO MODIFY AND CHANGE THE SOFTWARE AT THE USERS DISCRETION
How about sending out a text message or include a list of upcoming BLOAT. I just may like something, one day and actually use it, but I doubt it because I like to customize my own belongings to ME. I don't want what everybody else has. I want to be different, an individual capable of making my own decisions over my investments.

Pleas feel free to copy and paste this in as many places as you possibly can.
BTW I voted to have the option to uninstall it myself...
_-``-_-jayboe-_-``-_