Stop the music skip

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by xgrinder911, Aug 6, 2011.

1. PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phones have all been the poster children for defective! I'm not counting on any fixes any time soon. All I get from the powers that be is, "we're working on it" or "we don't know anything about it". The frustration is horrible!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

2. xgrinder911

xgrinder911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its funny when I read the official Motorola forum they said 'notice when airplane mode is on the popping goes away?' So of course I tried it And nope, no fix Motorola.

DXT2

3. gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I tried the same thing with the same result. I have been running a test over the past week or so, listening to music ONLY thru a Bluetooth connection. This seems to be working so far, I can multi-task and not fear the skip. I consider this a "work-around" for now. Can anyone else with skipping issues try out a Bluetooth connection to headphones and see if it prevents hesitation?

4. bolski

bolski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can attest to the fact that music doesn't skip via Bluetooth. It does skip if I listen to it via the speaker or the headphone jack.

5. ashclepdia

ashclepdia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What type and how much were ur bluetooth headphones?
    Only ones I found were moto headphones and they were like $120

6. bolski

bolski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't gotten a pair of Bluetooth headphones yet. I just tested it with my Jawbone earpiece to see if the music would skip and it didn't.

I might just hold off on getting Bluetooth headphones and wait and see if Motorola will fix the skipping issue. I've already logged an incident with them and discreetly informed them that I was displeased with this issue and that if I don't hear back within a week with either an explanation of what is causing this issue and/or when it will be fixed, then they can count me as a lost customer and I will go to a different phone manufacturer that puts customer satisfaction first rather than ignore their customers. Again, I said it discreetly and was not mean about it, but I was firm. We'll see if I get a response or not.

UPDATE: I decided to research Bluetooth after posting and found these at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson...W21Y/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1317661227&sr=8-8

I might be ordering a pair regardless. Having Bluetooth while mowing the lawn would be great as I keep getting my current wired headphones tangled up as I bend over to get the grassbag off my mower and dump the clippings into a lawn bag. This should save me the hassle!

#18 bolski, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  7. gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear confirmation. I have been using bluetooth only for a couple of months now, and it 99.95% solves the music skipping issue for me. I only had one suspect event in that whole time, and frankly it could have been a BT pairing or signal interruption issue. Otherwise, it's rock-solid.

I am using a BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway, which is basically a bluetooth pairing device that you can plug your regular headphones into. I was originally using it to get audio via bluetooth to my car stereo, and that is how I noticed that it never once skipped in the car. I have the device sitting on my desk at work right next to my desk dock, and plug my headphones into it. It's a little ridiculous, but then again, so is the fact that a dual-core phone can't play music to save it's life.

Amazon apparently has them for roughly $32. Here is my post in a thread with some more information

Search tags for this page

android music skipping fix

how to stop music skipping on android

why does music skip on my android

why does music skip on my phone

why does my music skip on my android

why does my music skip on my android phone

why does my music skip on my phone

why does my phone skip when i play music
why does the music on my phone skip

why is the music on my phone skipping