1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stop the market from auto downloading ?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by TechJPC, Aug 2, 2010.

1. TechJPC

TechJPC New Member

Hi, how do I stop the Market from auto downloading when I load a new ROM after Wipe data & cache ? It just wastes so much time. I use Titanium backup to restore everything.

Thanks
    Joe
  2. Yianaki

Yianaki New Member

That was a horrible issue I had with Froyo beta 1 and 2. But did not happen in .3 or .4 . Are you restoring maybe personal settings?

Anyway in BB .4 under privacy settings in settings menu you only have to make sure to uncheck AUTOMATIC RESTORE. All the other app sync things are just for app settings not for the apps auto restoring. I have every other chechbox selected for app syching or otherwise so that has to be it.

Extremely annoying with beta 1 and 2.:icon_eek: My data went from 3 gigs (music streaming during day) to over 6 friggin gigs. Phone was unusable for quite some time until later in day when it had downloaded all 200 or so of my apps.
  3. dlaesser2

dlaesser2 New Member

Do you skip the google account setup at the beginning? Mine all start automatically so i dont even get a chance to uncheck a box in the settings.
  4. Yianaki

Yianaki New Member

I didn't uncheck anything with bb .3 .4 I am pretty sure Pete someone even mentions app redownload is off by default. I am positive under Privacy Settings - Automatic Restore that is the setting you want turned off though. I have all the app sychs on except that. You can skip the google account setup and uncheck everything you don't want. May have unchecked it without signing on to my account and not remebered it.

All I remember is for the life of me I could never figure out how to stop froyo betas before BB .3 from re downloading my apps. Even if I didn't sign in and restored my apps via titanium it would still download backups to my SD card after I finally signed in.

BB .3 was stable but battery life was not as good as Pete's 2.1 stable rom. BB .4 is perfection, battery life and speed is amazing.
    Can't imagin what BB .5 has in store for us.dancedroid
  5. dlaesser2

dlaesser2 New Member

I think it has to do with whether you choose to have settings, etc. backed up to Google servers. I unchecked that in the setup wizard, signed in to my google account, and apps did not automatically start re-downloading.

Agreed on .4, can't wait for .5 either.
  6. TechJPC

TechJPC New Member

Thanks everyone, I tried all of the suggestions. No biggie, I can deal with it for now.
Search tags for this page

android market stop auto download

android stop apps automatically downloading
disable auto download android market
how do i stop apps from downloading on my phone i didnt allo
how do i stop my nexeus 4 from automatically downloading app
how to prevent apps from downloading automatically android
how to stop android apps from automatically downloading

how to stop android market from updating itself

how to stop at&t android phone from auto downloading apps &
how to stop auto downloads android market
how to stop market from updating itself