Stop that dang download.

The CPU Guy

Reaction score
I have a Droid X of course running 2.2 my friend sent me a movie to my Gmail i opened the email on my DX and hit the link the 500 Mb file started downloading well i dont want a 500 Mb file downloaded to my phone but can not figure out how to stop it. HELP i can see it downloading in my notifications bar it wont let me tap it long press it nothing i even tryed to turn off my phone but when i reboot it still is downloading. please any info on stoping this would be great LOL :icon_cussing::icon_cussing:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I do not know much about the Droid X but did you happen to try a battery pull? Also are you using a replacement app for your emails, if so have you tried to go into your settings > applications > manage applications and force closing your email app?

If none of these work then hopefully someone with more Droid X knowledge will jump on here and help you further.

OP
The CPU Guy

The CPU Guy

Reaction score
Yes i did a battery pull and when it came back up it was still downloading LOL im using the stock Gmail app that came with the phone so im not sure what the heck. I just let it finish the download over night then deleted the file but for the future i would still like to know how to stop this. Thanks for the help.

PS: I went into the app settings and killed the download manager and when it was rebooted it started the download again..

Last edited:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
We have a section dedicated to the Droid X. You should check it out, maybe someone there has better answers for future reference. To get there click on the Forum tab at the top of the page then scroll down until you see the Droid X section. Good luck and I hope you find the answer, sorry I couldn't help more.