Stop Syncing Exchange e-mail at certain times of the day

iHope

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to stop Syncing Exchange e-mail at certain times of the day on the Moto X? On the Rezound, you had the ability to set "Peak" and "Non-Peak" time periods and days of the week and then indicate what type of syncing approach to use (i.e., Push, Never, Every 5 Minutes, etc). This was extremely helpful to prevent work e-mail coming to my device at night -- which I don't like happening as there's always that "one" e-mail that keeps you up at night. I don't want a noise, an LED light, or even a notification icon that indicates I have an e-mail. I just don't want it on the phone until the morning.

I could do it on the Rezound quite easily. Does anyone know how to do it on the Moto X? I poked around and it does not appear as easily done on the Moto X as the Rezound. Am I missing something?

Your help is appreciated.
Tim

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to stop Syncing Exchange e-mail at certain times of the day on the Moto X? On the Rezound, you had the ability to set "Peak" and "Non-Peak" time periods and days of the week and then indicate what type of syncing approach to use (i.e., Push, Never, Every 5 Minutes, etc). This was extremely helpful to prevent work e-mail coming to my device at night -- which I don't like happening as there's always that "one" e-mail that keeps you up at night. I don't want a noise, an LED light, or even a notification icon that indicates I have an e-mail. I just don't want it on the phone until the morning.

I could do it on the Rezound quite easily. Does anyone know how to do it on the Moto X? I poked around and it does not appear as easily done on the Moto X as the Rezound. Am I missing something?

Your help is appreciated.
Tim

I do something similar manually. I have Power Control widget from the play store, which allows me to turn off syncing with a single click. (I also have the synker widget that lets me manually sync with a click of a button.)

The downside to this is that it doesn't sync everything, not just exchange email. Not sure if this helps or not but I often do this when I am at home or out with the family and do not want to be disturbed by work email. (of course they have my cell phone and can still call or test me. GRRRR0