Stop stock sms from showing text context in status bar?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
hey guys, is there a way to stop the stock text sms from showing the content of my texts in the status bar when a new text comes in and only show that a new text has come in? because showing the text content is really gonna get someone (me) in trouble one of these days...lol so is this possible like through tasker maybe cus i really dont wanna get another third party app like handcent, tho it is a good app...

someone plz help

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sadly I don't think It's available in the stock messaging app or through tasker. It is very easy up do in handcent though and if you think your in jeapordy of someone seeing something they shouldn't, you might want to just break doen and get handcent.

tappin and a talkin

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
smh thats what i was afraid of, how good is handcent over the stock sms app? anyone know cus i really like how simple the stock app is?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like handcent a lot. Its very customizeable and if you prefer the simplicity of the stock app you can do that to. But it comes with a lot more options.

tappin and a talkin

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea i just downloading handcent, and wow, it does have almost every option on it...lol guess i gotta learn to use it

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if i can use the popup feature on handcent without it showing the message content? just show a popup from whoever??