Stop sleeping!

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if there was a app available that would keep the Droid on from going to sleep?

I ask because I was using the navigation option today and I would have liked the display to stay on while I was needed the map.

Thanks

CDB

Reaction score
Definitely Screebl. It's how screen light management should be. :twothumbsup:

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Definitely Screebl. It's how screen light management should be. :twothumbsup:

Only found the lite version is that the only one?

Would Locale work also?
Thanks

CDB

Reaction score
Yes, sorry - Lite is the only version. I'm not sure if Locale would do what you're looking for as I'm not using it but the only thing Screebl needs to be aware of is how your phone is being held...Locale needs to know where you are.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Locale does not require knowing where you are. You can set Locale filters based on day/time/location as well as battery status (charging/not charging/%left). It's what I use to keep my screen on when I'm in the car and have the phone charging.

kevin1016

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if there was a app available that would keep the Droid on from going to sleep?

I ask because I was using the navigation option today and I would have liked the display to stay on while I was needed the map.

Thanks
Your screen is turning of during navigation? I don't think that's normal.

jstrick5

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks

Check out KeepScreen. I wanted something to keep my screen from locking or dimming while i was running certain applications and this does a PERFECT job. You choose the apps you don't want the screen to never timeout on and it runs in the background. 5*'s

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
Your screen is turning of during navigation? I don't think that's normal.

I agree. If you are using the turn-by-turn navigation function in Google Maps your screen should not be turning off. However if you aren't getting directions and are just looking at the map, then your screen will go to sleep per your settings.

mrschmitz

Reaction score
No app needed for keeping the backlight on if you have it plugged in:

Settings->Applications->Development->Stay Awake

micp1480

Reaction score
If there is anything that is a must have for the Droid, it's this forum. What valuable information I have found here, such as the one posted by mrschmitz. Thank you!

MICP 1480

LauraF1

Reaction score

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!

This is exactly what I was looking for!

L.

bradgsanford

Reaction score
also, when it's in the car dock, if that's where you're using it for navigation, the magnetized bits in the dock seem to keep it awake.

Cabbie

Reaction score

I had just purchased a Droid and Multimedia Station this past week and this was driving me nuts more than anything. Thank you so much for posting this and keeping me sane!