Stop OTA Update

Nyobie

Reaction score
Woo hoo! Titanium Pro was perfect for backup and freezing bloatware and the pesky Updater app.

Thanks!!

Sent from my Rooted Thunderbolt using DroidForums - with frozen Updater

Savagerun

Reaction score
Woo hoo! Titanium Pro was perfect for backup and freezing bloatware and the pesky Updater app.

Thanks!!

Sent from my Rooted Thunderbolt using DroidForums - with frozen Updater

Good choice. Titanium backup pro is definitely a must have app in my opinion. I love it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nyobie

Reaction score
Good choice. Titanium backup pro is definitely a must have app in my opinion. I love it.

Definitely!! There were a couple other options but Titanium Backup Pro kept bubbling to the top! :) The double bonus was being able to backup and also freeze or uninstall bloatware.

Sent from the same rooted Thunderbolt

Savagerun

Reaction score
Definitely!! There were a couple other options but Titanium Backup Pro kept bubbling to the top! :) The double bonus was being able to backup and also freeze or uninstall bloatware.

Sent from the same rooted Thunderbolt

Be very careful uninstalling any system apps you could run into trouble doing that. Always just freeze, it does the same thing but you can always go back and unfreeze apps if you run into problems. I've seen people get in trouble by uninstalling system apps so just a friendly warning.

Nyobie

Reaction score
Yes, will do. It's great point to highlight here and something that wouldn't necessarily be intuitive to the unsuspecting. I tend to err on the side of caution but I have adventerous moments. That's what led me to rooting! :)

Sent from smooth running rooted Thunderbolt

Nyobie

Reaction score
Darn... I woke up this morning and found my phone with the locked warning screen again. Can someone please confirm the names of the files to freeze so I can get this update attempt to stop happening? I went all day yesterday without any issues where the day prior to using Titanium Pro, I had three random lockups with tbe triangle/exclamation symbol and blue android icon. :(

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Savagerun

Reaction score
Should be the 2.3.3 updater you should see it in titanium. It's in red letters. What is your system version now? Go in settings > about phone and see what your version is. And im assuming your just stock rooted and not on a custom rom?
Edit... Nyobie i just realized you have a Thunderbolt and not a DroidX lol... Im not familiar with that phone.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Darn... I woke up this morning and found my phone with the locked warning screen again. Can someone please confirm the names of the files to freeze so I can get this update attempt to stop happening? I went all day yesterday without any issues where the day prior to using Titanium Pro, I had three random lockups with tbe triangle/exclamation symbol and blue android icon. :(

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Nyobie since im not familiar with the TB i did some searching and did find this http://androidforums.com/thunderbol...-started-if-you-rooted-stock-please-read.html hope it helps if not someone on the TB forum should be able to help you.

Nyobie

Reaction score
Should be the 2.3.3 updater you should see it in titanium. It's in red letters. What is your system version now? Go in settings > about phone and see what your version is. And im assuming your just stock rooted and not on a custom rom?
Edit... Nyobie i just realized you have a Thunderbolt and not a DroidX lol... Im not familiar with that phone.

No prob, thanks!

Sent from my Thunderbolt

EDIT:
Android Version 2.3.4, HTC Sense 2.1, SW Number 2.11.605.5 and my Frozen apps include Updater 2.3.000.178661.605 and I thought I'd add VZW Package Installer 1.0 to the list as well but I don't know if that was a good idea or not. I re-booted the phone both ways, thru normal means and thru the Recovery and I'm not having any noticeable problems. I'll leave my phone on the charger again tonight and will see if I wake up to a soft bricked phone again.

Nyobie

Reaction score
Ok, I'm hoping I'm not premature in announcing that I believe my problem is now gone because I can now confirm that I'm on the proper version of SW because I flashed my Rooted Phone with the proper version that has been modified for root capability.

This place ROCKS!!! Thanks for everyone's help! I was able to put some bits and pieces together and get through one last major hurdle through the sister site Thunderboltforums.com and want to give Tallica over there a huge shout for the help that got me the missing piece of the puzzle.

NOTE: There is now a rooted version of the latest SW 2.11.605.9 for the Thunderbolt that can be installed via SD as the zip file you'll need and for those who might be on the edge of diving into the deep end. I'm by far no expert on the matter but what I did I can explain so you'll know how to avoid ending up with a few days worth of a temporarily soft bricked phone. PM me if you'd like me to share and I'd be glad to.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it figured out.