Stop Motocast Installation on my computer

vjshulf

Reaction score
Every time I connect my phone to the computer, Motocast starts to install. I don't want Motocast!! Is there a way to stop Motocast from trying to install? I once let it install and it killed my Android-Sync application I am using to sync my Outlook info to my phone. I uninstalled Motocast and so it continues to try to reinstall.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum.

Couple things I have seen to try are...

1. When you plug your phone into your computer and the red M logo pops up on your taskbar if you right click it and say when device connects to do nothing.

2. Or you can go into Settings>Storage>from your phone and choose to disable software install.

Papa_T

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

1. When you plug your phone into your computer and the red M logo pops up on your taskbar if you right click it and say when device connects to do nothing.

2. Or you can go into Settings>Storage>from your phone and choose to disable software install.

Thank You. This has been driving me crazy also.

outmind

Reaction score
I trying to disable auto-installation of MotoCast, but still have no idea how I can do this.
I have few computers (3 at home and 1 at work) and I tired close installation window everytime when connect my phone to PC or laptop.

Metod in previous post don't work for me (
I have no options in Setting > Storage for disable software install.
Can someone help me?

helron

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hmm? I don't see a #2 option on my Droid Razr. I have to kill it each time.

fingaz

Reaction score
Sent using Tapatalk

Hmm? I don't see a #2 option on my Droid Razr. I have to kill it each time.

Yeah, nether of those options are available to me. I have tried fiddle around with every setting I can find and I do not see any way to block the installation. Its very annoying.