Stop hearing "tones" in headphones and phone.

pmgreen

Reaction score
When I have headphones plugged in, I would think I would hear the tones through the headphones. In reality the tones can be heard in the headphones AND without headphones so those around me hear it too. It's a pain when I ignore the ring, but it disturbs co-workers.

Is there a way to change this?

Taco

Reaction score
Odd, mine works as it should. The headphones plugged in all the way?

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

VidJunky

Reaction score
I don't know if there is a work-around for this but I have also experienced this with both alarms and rings. It seems to be a safety so if you should put the phone down while plugged in you won't miss any alarms or calls.

I don't know if calls work this way but for alarms I just hit the power button and it's the same as hitting snooze. I don't have the quite ring on flip on, but it may be something to consider. So if you turn the phone over it silences the ring. Of course I don't know how that would work if you have it in a pocket. I don't do much calling on my phone, or I should say not many people call me on my pocket computer.

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Try cleaning the headphone contacts. With a little bit of alcohol or something

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
Try cleaning the headphone contacts. With a little bit of alcohol or something
Hate to as a foolish question, but would is that the headphone tip or the hole?
Wouldn't that increase the risk of damaging the phone

VidJunky

Reaction score
Hate to as a foolish question, but would is that the headphone tip or the hole?
Wouldn't that increase the risk of damaging the phone

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that piece of advice. From the question alone it was obvious that the headphones are working, and any quick Google will show that this is happening across devices. Back to the question... I've only seen one post that says to put the phone in silent mode to stop the speaker sound. I haven't tried it, just because I know me, and I'm too lazy to do that every time I use my headphones. As best as I can tell it's just a safety so even if you've left your headphones plugged in you will still get your messages and calls. If it really bothers you to the point you can't take it Tasker has a profile that will force the sound thru your headphones only. Tasker will do a lot, and it costs kind of a lot too. I haven't tried to set a profile for this in my Tasker app, but then again it really doesn't bother me to have both. I don't know that any other app would offer you that specific feature, but an app is probably going to be your only work around for this issue.