Stolen Droid please help =/

heenj

Reaction score
Hey,

I just got my shiny brand new Droid last week and was still falling in love with it, when somebody stole it from my jeans pocket when I was playing basketball today. At first, when I noticed my jeans were moved, I thought it might have fallen out of my pocket and somebody accidentally took it. However, I realized it was stolen when I used my friends phone and tried to call the phone repeatedly and someone kept hanging up on me.

Of course, my college stinks and doesn't have cameras in the gym and the staff wasn't too optimistic when I filed the lost/stolen report. The thing that gets me mad is, I have Mobile Defense AND Where's My Droid installed on the phone that morning, but I didn't have time to activate Mobile Defense and I'm not sure if I set GPS on for Where's My Droid.

I already emailed my Where's my Droid app, but it has not responded with coordinates so I'm beginning to believe I didn't activate the GPS. If there's any other way of tracking the Droid or finding a stolen Droid please make suggestions...I'm desperate here so someone please help =/

bigthinker

Reaction score
I would call VZW and see if they can track where and when its being used.....Have you tried this or does anyone know if this works.....Stinks Man....Hope you find it. Keep Shooting hoops, I love basketball myself.....Lock that Droid away next time though..They are a Valuable!!! :motdroidvert:

droider4life

Reaction score
That really sucks... ticks me off people take stuff that doesn't belong to them... I know u posted this way earlier today.. I Just barely saw it so I been looking at my where's my Droid app and u don't have to actually set it up for it to work.. if u text ur phone with GPS My Droid it should turn the GPS on granted if they haven't deleted the app already... I hope this helps and good luck to u... let us know if u luck out and get it back.. did u by chance setup a "screen unlock pattern"???? Or still the factory slide lock?

droider4life

Reaction score
I failed to mention u have to type it just as I did.. upper and lowercase.

OP
H

heenj

Reaction score
Well I just spent an hour on the phone with verizon reps, it helps my cousins used to work for Verizon. The guy has had my phone turned off already so I wasn't able to get any texts through to turn on wheres my droid or anything. The reps I talked to just froze my phone and if it's recovered when the fool tries to sell it or activate it, they are going to get it back to me (or try to at least). For the time being, I reactivated my old phone and I'm feeling pretty decent about this. One of the reps tried to throw insurance on my phone and have me claim it tomorrow, but I didn't feel right doing that so hopefully karma will kick in and my phone will find its way home =P At least after that hour on the phone I made friends with some friendly Verizon reps! =)

OP
H

heenj

Reaction score
no wave secure or mobile defense apps?

That's the part that frustrates me...I downloaded Mobile Defense this morning during class, but I decided to pay attention in class instead of activating it and decided I would activate it tonight. Bad timing huh?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ohhh gads!! i feel so bad for you!! i sure hope it works out for the best with that karma you just created:D good luck!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
once again why a WAVE SECURE or Mobile Defense should be installed on your DROID.

with Wave Secure you could have locked your phone and used GPS to track it.

Best of luck getting your phone back...

-=Jason=-

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you didn't let them put insurance on the Droid? What in this world would possess you not to let them do that whenever they are offering it to you? That makes no sense...it sucks bad enough that it got stolen, but to not take the chance to get another one just blows my mind...you didn't feel right by taking insurance but let me tell you, they fell felt pretty right about taking your Droid! Their probably having all sorts of fun with your Droid right now, with your information on it!

Reaction score
wow bro... they whent into your jeans pocket and took it.. Hopefully karma puts a bullet in thier a**es.. If you ever heard or a show called burn notice find a guy named "Michael Weston" and hell make some things explode in the mist of kicking a** to find your phone =p lol. Take it easy man..

koralyne

Reaction score
once again why a WAVE SECURE or Mobile Defense should be installed on your DROID.

with Wave Secure you could have locked your phone and used GPS to track it.

Best of luck getting your phone back...

-=Jason=-

that makes me think...
there should be an app that combines with the special lock that makes it where if you try to power the phone off during lock, it makes it look like its turning off, but really doesnt =O

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the OP he was so close to having Mobil Defense turned on.

Just goes to show you never know. Hopefully they catch this thief. I say punishment for stealing someones Droid should be a hand.