Stolen Charge :(

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Secondlaw, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

So my Charge was stolen today. I have a this great app on the phone called Gotchya!. Everytime I enter my code in wrong it emails me a picture of myself. The problem is that Verizons network has been down ALL DAY LONG in my area. I'm doubting this picture will ever get to me. What a day for this to happen.

A few questions... I'm guessing anyone can access the data on my SD card which sucks because I had a bunch of stuff on there. How about the phone though? Can they still get into the phone easily and reset everything and make it their own?

Anyhow, the phone was insured through assurion. They charge a $99.00 deductible which I took and they will deliver it for tomorrow so I'm not at a total loss. I asked assurion 'What if I find it in 3 days" they said I could not use the phone once I activated the new one because they lock down the ESN. Is this BS or can they render the phone useless?

I downloaded and installed Plan B and it actually sent me an email letting me know that my phone is currently in Bayonne NJ. That's about 15 miles from where I am. Do i go knock on doors?

Ohh well.. this sucks.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Call the police and tell them the location ;) don't pay 99 bucks, get you're phone back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

I would love to but PlanB isn't 100% accurate. How many doors do I have to knock on?

"Lookout Plan B has located your phone within 656m"

View attachment 43294
  4. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

This reminded me of a funny story.

My brother was working and was talking on his Bluetooth and set his phone down on the shelf in front of him and turned his head for like 20 seconds and looked back and his phone was gone. He just told the guy he was talking to to hang up and call his phone back. A minute later he heard his ringtone coming from some old ladies purse! LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. Cinoib

Cinoib New Member

I use Webroot for Android. The paid version lets you text a message to your stolen phone that will then give you multiple options. The best option is that you can wipe the data the next time the phone powers up. You can also lock down the phone so that a sim card can't turn it back on. Another one I like is that it sets off a god awful siren until the battery is pulled (nice plus for the Razr 'cause the purp can't pull the battery). I'd love to be in the cubie next to the thief when his ill gotten Razr starts screaming and he can't shut it off or even drown it.

My life is in this phone. Like a wallet it's what's inside that I worry about!

I think Cricket can flash found phones. So my guess is that if you reported it stolen to the gps location Cricket would call local police with your esn and turn in the ahole who ripped you off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

Can I install these apps remotely?
  7. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

If the app is available in the android market, log into the android market online and it will install the app. But I don't know if you can launch it remotely.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID
  8. titanfan1017

titanfan1017 New Member

Im not sure but I do know lookout can be activated remotely and it will make the phone scream if it's turned on, so then you don't have to knock on but just the one that you hear your phone screaming lol

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
how do i know if plan b was installed on my droid

how to find stolen samsung charge

how to fix a droid razr m that is reported stolen
how to fix a droid razr m that was reported stolen
stolen sd card. can i press charges
unlock stolen samsung droid charge
verizon stolen sd card