Stock Weather app, using Mobile Network.

Kaiser_

Reaction score
Hi... I searched previous threads but couldn't find something similar to what I need.

Ok, I really like the standard weather widget on the Droid 3 (Accuweather). And it works perfect.... when using WiFi.

I just realized I had not tried it using the 3G. I did try it and could not get it to update the weather info.

How are the settings supposed to be for it to work on 3G?

I already tried enabling data, background data, and gps... and still nothing. It only works when WiFi is on.

Thanks.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I don't recall that there were special settings involved. Try restarting your phone. I sometimes have trouble getting data without a restart.

OP
K

Kaiser_

Reaction score
Restarted it, but didn't help.

Still not updating. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Do you have things like data saver set to preserve battery?

OP
K

Kaiser_

Reaction score
Yes.
But already tried turning that off as well, and enabling data and background data, and no luck.
The weird thing is that Google Maps, Opera, and everything else works on 3G, even The Weather Channel app, but not this stock weather widget... it only works on wifi.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Just went back and added the widget back to see the settings and don't see anything in setting it up that I would think could cause it. Have you tried removing it and then adding it back? What services do you have checked in Settings, Location & security? Have you tried a battery pull?

OP
K

Kaiser_

Reaction score
Yeah, I've tried removing and readding the widget. And just tried battery pull, neither worked.

On Location settings I only have the GPS on.

When I readded the widget, and tried adding a new city, didn't let me.... "cannot access city search service".

As soon as I turned WiFi on, it instantly updated and let me add city.