Stock Thunderbolt rebooting randomly

mkraffert

Reaction score
I remember when I first got my Droid 1, Verizon kept promising Froyo, but it never arrived when promised. My opinion then was the same as my opinion now. It was the best phone on the market when I got it, and after it's a week old it's yesterday's news. Be happy with what you have, know it will get better and live with it. The phone still works great and the custom ROMs get better by the day. No matter which phone you buy, you're gonna be disappointed if you're still waiting for the Dick Tracy Wristwatch videophone. Try to remember DIAL phones, party lines, and telephone prefixes that start with 2 letters. Then try to convince me that the technology in your hand that out-powers all of NASA in 1975 is a pile of crap. Sorry, I'm just not feeling your pain here. Just my 2 cents worth.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I remember when I first got my Droid 1, Verizon kept promising Froyo, but it never arrived when promised. My opinion then was the same as my opinion now. It was the best phone on the market when I got it, and after it's a week old it's yesterday's news. Be happy with what you have, know it will get better and live with it. The phone still works great and the custom ROMs get better by the day. No matter which phone you buy, you're gonna be disappointed if you're still waiting for the Dick Tracy Wristwatch videophone. Try to remember DIAL phones, party lines, and telephone prefixes that start with 2 letters. Then try to convince me that the technology in your hand that out-powers all of NASA in 1975 is a pile of crap. Sorry, I'm just not feeling your pain here. Just my 2 cents worth.

Finally someone with enough sense and knowledge to post something relevant. Nothing against anyone else or their opinions, but that hit the nail on the head

Sent from my ADR6400L

ziggy484

Reaction score

Finally someone with enough sense and knowledge to post something relevant. Nothing against anyone else or their opinions, but that hit the nail on the head

Sent from my ADR6400L

Awww... Do you want to give him a kiss too? You say nobody else has any sense or knowledge, but then say "nothing against anyone else"??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SoCalNation

Reaction score
You should have asked them about releasing a dual core LTE phone on the nation's largest carrier instead of Sprint, T Mobile & AT&T.

Brandon

Why when Helawat works at Verizon the best mobile provider. LOL

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No more warnings - if anyone swears or flames in here the infractions will be handed out. The O.P. talked to the HTC vendor and reported back. If you don't like your phone, take it back or sell it. No need to swear and complain or tell others off.

SoCalNation

Reaction score
Verizon has nothing to do with the software updates they are simply the provider for your service and HTC is the ones who make and push all updates. And Google with the gingerbread. All Verizon can do is announce it. That's why its taking forever for the updates because Google is sending it out and there being so many Damn Droids out there and having so many different systems per type of phone they can't make it all the same and flood out the updates.. they need to do what Apple does and let you manually install it from the computer... But anyways we Thunderbolt owners will have to wait because the EVO 3D is on its way that's their priority over our phones. I called Verizon *****ing all they could offer was to hard reset it, give me a refurbished phone without the software that is causing Hell. I do not want a fixed broken phone when mines perfect.. so they gave me an extra 150 minutes and apologized. And Wtf are we the only ones netflix is leaving out????

SoCalNation

Reaction score
No more warnings - if anyone swears or flames in here the infractions will be handed out. The O.P. talked to the HTC vendor and reported back. If you don't like your phone, take it back or sell it. No need to swear and complain or tell others off.

Then why are you complaining???

tc3

Reaction score
So a possible 3 months or longer dealing with a phone that had become totally unreliable due to their screw up.

Awesome business practice

I get what you are saying about that timeframe being poor.

But I don't get what you mean about the phone being unreliable.

The phone runs flawlessly with no issues whatsoever. What more can you ask for?

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Louis says it best.

[video=youtube;8r1CZTLk-Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

ridin the lightning

bL33d

Reaction score
Ya no issues for me at all no reboots no battery issues either :icon_ banana:

Black07roadking

Reaction score
What a great video! Just sitting back and enjoying the ride. 20 years ago my cell phone was in a bag with a big ass battery with a cord on it!!! What wonderful days we live in now!

Sent from my Thunderbolt w/2750 mAh battery! Use it like it was designed!!!

Beardface

Reaction score
20 years ago or not, I don't friggen care!

If it really will be upwards of 2 months before we get a fix on the reboot issue that Verizon and HTC caused themselves by pushing out an update that broke more devices than it fixed, then yes, there is a serious issue on here. I don't give a crap if you were dealing with a rotary phone 20 years ago and the idea of a cell phone is novel to you. Some people actually use their phones as, you know, PHONES, and if the thing is constantly dropping calls and randomly rebooting in the middle of an important call, then yes, there IS a huge problem here.

Its completely and utterly unacceptable for Verizon and HTC to drag their feet to fix a problem with $600 devices that they broke themselves, especially when they offer no compensation to the affected customers other than "here's a device to replace yours... don't mind the fact that its a factory refurbished from someone elses device that already broke, we promise that it works juuuuuuust fine". Sorry... from a PR standpoint, that's about as bad as it gets.

If this really does take until July before we see any kind of fix, then I demand some kind of reimbursement for the crap they have been putting me through. I don't want some refurbished Piece of Crap that someone else already returned. I paid upwards of $200 and signed a 2 year locked in rate deal with no out clause for a working product that was made defective by the other party in the contract. Finding a fix should be their highest priority right now.

Kid A

Reaction score
Is it fair that Verizon and HTC launched a phone with lackluster battery life, random reboots and connectivity issues? Based on how the phone was advertised and the standards all their products are supposed to live up to, no, it wasn't fair.

But that doesn't make this a terrible device, not by a long shot. They owe it to us to fix these issues, and I can't help but imagine how much better this phone would be if it did not have them. Verizon clearly has show it isn't going to take the time or the effort to do anything about these problems. I will probably run to another carrier once my contract is over, I've just about had it with their supposed customer service.

tc3

Reaction score
I really hope consumer reports gets involved as it is Verizon is trying to sweep this under the rug and move on to a new flagship device.