Stock Thunderbolt rebooting randomly

BadBlood44

Reaction score
I've had zero reboots after rooting and installing Das Bamf 1.6.3. Took a couple hours but totally worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mattmartin77

Reaction score
well unless you are against rooting, i would say install a rom. i had all of the issues associated with the TB and when i flashed LTS 1.5 all my problems went away. very happy with the battery life now, and no random reboots.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Just got my TB in the mail yesterday. Right now it's unrooted with 2.2.1 and no reboots. Weird.
it probably doesn't have the OTA update. mine didn't start rebooting until after the update. baseband 1.16, software 1.13.605.7

etx_droid

Reaction score
Yeah just got my TB yesterday and it updated and I've had 2 random reboots. I know a fix is being worked on so I'm not that upset yet. I'm not gonna complain just to get a refurb. I have a new phone and I plan on keeping it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

gary73

Reaction score
I 'm Ltd too, was having multiple reboots until installed different radio fine now

Helawat

Reaction score
Talked to HTC Vendor Rep Today

I work in a Verizon Wireless call center and today the vendor reps paid a visit today to talk about our current device lineup.

I asked the HTC rep when the battery life, random restart issues, and gingerbread is coming to the thunderbolt and he said "keep your eye out for software to roll out in 1-2 months."

Who knows? Maybe our prayers will be answered but I won't hold my breath.

bplewis24

Reaction score
You should have asked them about releasing a dual core LTE phone on the nation's largest carrier instead of Sprint, T Mobile & AT&T.

Brandon

tc3

Reaction score
So a possible 3 months or longer dealing with a phone that had become totally unreliable due to their screw up.

Awesome business practice

Beardface

Reaction score
1-2 months to fix something that they and Verizon royally messed up to begin with?!?!?

Uncceptable! If thats the case, just give us our money back and let us go to another device. Reboots are a SERIOUS problem, and if they are dragging their feet for upwards of TWO MONTHS to fix it, then I absolutely 100% demand my money back!

Last edited by a moderator:

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I suspected and why I jumped ship to X2. I really liked the Sense and the phone...but the lockups...reboots and battery drains made the phone very unreliable for everyday use...

Rob_B

Reaction score
Does Verizon think another 1-2 months is acceptable?
Tbolt owners have been crippled since launch date with glitches, reboot, and ommission of apps promised.
When are they gonna get a clue and provide the level of service they tout?

ziggy484

Reaction score
Fyi... Vendor reps have no idea about anything, so dont get all worked up, not based on what they say anyway.

MrKleen

Reaction score
So a possible 3 months or longer dealing with a phone that had become totally unreliable due to their screw up.

Awesome business practice

I get what you are saying about that timeframe being poor.

But I don't get what you mean about the phone being unreliable.

The phone runs flawlessly with no issues whatsoever. What more can you ask for?