Stock Thunderbolt rebooting randomly

batonrouge

Reaction score
Thunderbolt rebooting, dropping internet

Got my new Thunderbolt May 9, it started rebooting and dropping the 3G connection Sunday May 22 and must be restarted sometimes twice to get connected. Consistent with my bad luck with phones, it started doing it right at the end of my 14 day return-period. Reburb replacement on it's way. I'm suspecting HTC's hardware is the culprit here and not the update since it did this before the update. My EVO4G (Sprint) did exactly the same thing. And I agree that the replacement phone will probably do the same and I WIL keep calling until I can possibly get a different unit...timed with a Bionic release would sweet... slim chance there though :(

Dedic761

Reaction score
Fed up with T-Bolt restarting... My Solution.

I called verizon this morning after having my T-Bolt for 13 days now and complained about the restarting issue that seems to be common. About 2 minutes later they came back and said they are sending me a brand new (not a fru) T-Bolt next day. He also said that this issue will be no longer on my new replacement phone. I also talked about the battery life with him, even though since the update on 5-20-11 my battery life is much better (with the help of A.T.K. Pro and Juice Defender).

Hope this sheds some light for other T-Bolt owners.

-Nick

gary73

Reaction score
Probably out of refurbished

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you guys read the part where he said that they are sending him a brand new, not refurb?

OP, when your new phone arrives make sure you are not running any virus protection or task killers. I've heard about this problem with TB but not everybody has this issue. Good luck.

dsciara

Reaction score
Yeah I read it. I was just implying that they have sent out so many refurbished ones they now have no choice but to send new ones. That's how I took it least lol.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I would guess half of the refurbs are phones with nothing wrong with them except that they had a task killer installed, at the recommendation of a Verizon employee.

I wouldn't hesitate to take one.

Biasedthunder

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I called Verizon and they said it was a known issue with "some" Thunderbolts and have overnighted me a new one for free with return postage (for old phone) included.

I recomend anyone having issues to just call Verizon and tell them what is going on. They will want you to do a factory hard reset of the phone.. You can try it but it didn't make any difference on my phone and if you do the factory reset they will want you to wait and see if it resets again.

I should get my new phone tomorrow, hopefully its sorted out with no issues.

DrewB

Reaction score
Three weeks ago I complained to Verizon about my tb rebooting so they sent me a refrub and it reboots more than my old one. I'll guess ill try again and hopefully get a new one

sent from tunda bow

gary73

Reaction score
They told me that my Verizon was causing reboots, doesn't even work on thunderbolt

cueto

Reaction score
Ok....so I called vz and got same response...to do a factory reset. F* that!! I deleted the my Verizon app along with a few others I don't use and voila...no reboots since last night. Give it a try ...

Good luck!

tc3

Reaction score
Three weeks ago I complained to Verizon about my tb rebooting so they sent me a refrub and it reboots more than my old one. I'll guess ill try again and hopefully get a new one

sent from tunda bow

Same here.

Ned

Reaction score
Just got my replacement thunderbolt from VZW because of the reboot issue.

Observations:
It is a certified pre owned

Same software/radio as my other one

The HTC setup wizzard did not start when I booted. Almost like they never did a true factory data reset

WORST OF ALL the power button is broken. I have to push down with a lot of force to get wake up the screen.

Glad I did not unroot my original. The replacement needs to be replaced. Ugh!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I got my thunderbolt on 5/19 and not even a week into owning this phone the phone was rebooting about 3 to 6 times a day ! I called vz horrible tech support and they had me do a factory reset ! didnt work so they sent me a new phone the following day ! So far i got this phone on 5/26 and now being 5/30 and havent had any issues yet ! I do have some software / firmware to be uypdated howevere I am hesitant in doin so in fear of the reboot issues re occuring ! Any sugguestions wether or not to download this firmware?? Thanks all !