Stock Text Messenger on Droid 2 - I Like It!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't need handcent anymore. IMHO this stock application with the Droid works absolutely great. Voice recognition works good. Presentation of the texts looks nice.

I really like it a lot, but I am on a 250 max tech message plan so I use GV more for texting. I just think this is a huge improvement over the D1 app.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of the D2's messenger...

- you can't click on a person's avatar from within a conversation to bring up the what-to-do bubble (call, email, etc). you have to hit menu - call, if you want to call them.
- you can't use enter (return) to send, you HAVE to click the send button. which is a huge problem for me. it takes me an extra second or two before i realize that i've created a new line in the message and it hasn't sent out.
- i also hate the non-standard icon. the green speak bubble with the smiley face was a dead clue that i had/have a text message.

i miss Android's messenger. it was built for speed, not beauty.

pool_shark

Reaction score
The D2's stock SMS doesn't turn the screen on when you receive a text, and it doesn't allow you to set a different tone/ setting per contact.

Syraz

Reaction score
I really like the look of the stock messenger myself, I have had my phone for over week now and yet to install handcent, this works well enough that I am happy with..

I don't need handcent anymore. IMHO this stock application with the Droid works absolutely great. Voice recognition works good. Presentation of the texts looks nice.

I really like it a lot, but I am on a 250 max tech message plan so I use GV more for texting. I just think this is a huge improvement over the D1 app.

joseph.ferris

Reaction score
I am on the fan train for this one, as well. Voice composition of text messages works nearly flawlessly, and I don't mind hitting a button to bring up the options for the contact. Definitely a lot better than what I had on my Omnia or my Blackberry.

ripsting

Reaction score
- you can't click on a person's avatar from within a conversation to bring up the what-to-do bubble (call, email, etc). you have to hit menu - call, if you want to call them.

Strange, I can click the person's name within a conversation and it brings me to their Contact Info page where I can call, email, etc...

mpower

Reaction score
- i also hate the non-standard icon. the green speak bubble with the smiley face was a dead clue that i had/have a text message.

I agree. That is one thing I don't like about it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Silver Member
Reaction score

Strange, I can click the person's name within a conversation and it brings me to their Contact Info page where I can call, email, etc...
name does, but the avy doesn't, which is what i'm used to hitting. if you hit the avy in the conversation list, it will bring up the standard bubble. it should be doing that in a text conversation too.