Stock text message counter

chrisd56

Reaction score
I recently did the ota update and now my stock text message icon gets a little circle above it with the number of unto seen messages.

The problem is I use handcent and now I have to clear the messages from both. Is there any way to stop the counter?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
Nothing?? this is driving me crazy, i really like handcent especially the pop up feature. Now i have to clear a text message from handcent and the stock text....I really hate to get rid of handcent!

Jenaht

Reaction score
Did you disable notifications in the stock msg program do that you aren't seeing them twice? Or did I misunderstand your issue?

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
Yes notifications are disabled in the stock text but a number counter in a small circle still appears over the unremovable icon...this was never there before the update.

Jenaht

Reaction score
Are you using the stock launcher? If so did you know that you can change the shortcut icon to actually be for your handcent app. Than you don't see the icon notifications.
You have to be in the app drawer to do it. I think you long press your sms app after tapping the settings icons in the upper left corner. (they should all get selected at that point). Anyway long press your preferred sms app and drag down to replace the stock text program.

However you might not want to delete messages out of stock. Seems to me they work hand in hand with downloaded apps.

Hope this helps