Stock TB ROM has been built - need volunteers!!

hijackerjack

Reaction score
Did you guys try doing

adb remount

first? Not sure if it works but it's worth a shot.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
what code did you use for gingerbread, is it just a stock version?

It's nearly bone stock version 2.3.3. Lock screen is different and there's a couple changes like the galaxyS power widget in the notification bar.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

jr313

Reaction score
Did you guys try doing

adb remount

first? Not sure if it works but it's worth a shot.
I didnt think you had to remount if you were pushing a file...didnt have to when i was rooting and pushing files then but thn again im not a pro at adb by any means..

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ok tried to push the file but it says "failed to copy 'bcm4329.ko' to '/system/lib/modules/bcn4329.ko' : Read-only file system....sorry if i did wrong im not the strongest with adb....i typed in command "adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

no worries - you DO have to make /system writeable .. adb remount should do it - but it might fail if kernel does not make root available by default - if that fails, enter 'mount -o rw,remount /system' in adb shell - then try pushing

hijackerjack

Reaction score
ok tried to push the file but it says "failed to copy 'bcm4329.ko' to '/system/lib/modules/bcn4329.ko' : Read-only file system....sorry if i did wrong im not the strongest with adb....i typed in command "adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

no worries - you DO have to make /system writeable .. adb remount should do it - but it might fail if kernel does not make root available by default - if that fails, enter 'mount -o rw,remount /system' in adb shell - then try pushing

Sweet. ADB Remount does work! So I was right... for once XD

mgenova

Reaction score

Sweet. ADB Remount does work! So I was right... for once XD

did the data connection work after pushing?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Also want to make clear - pushing that ko file is only useful if you have flashed the kernel I provided (NOT the rom).

For those that have installed the kernel I created - which one booted up, the boot.img or the zImage??

detox

Reaction score
ok had this up and running but had no signal. used fastboot flash boot boot.img to flash kernel. was entering info for wifi connection and device started rebooting like crazy. tried to reflash kernel after wiping data cache and davlik and now stuck at boot. gonna restore a nandroid for now before i go to bed. was excited to see this boot so hopefully you can get the bugs worked out. thanks chevy

detox

Reaction score
Also want to make clear - pushing that ko file is only useful if you have flashed the kernel I provided (NOT the rom).

For those that have installed the kernel I created - which one booted up, the boot.img or the zImage??

Boot.img flashed for me until I started reboots and after reflash got stuck at boot

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK - at 10:19pm AZ time (that's Pacific now) - I uploaded a new boot.img, so I think both of you picked that one up based on timestamps I'm seeing - but you would need the corresponding ko file (the one I linked to earlier) in order to use wifi - without it, I think that would cause you issues trying to use wifi.

So - it appears the new boot.img at least worked to get started. On your next try - can you push the ko file first - then flash the kernel - then let me know! I really need to get a TB myself - very difficult to develop without that's for sure!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
just tried the zImage it flashed but froze my bolt (that's not a sexual euphemism). I'll do it again just to verify, then I'll try the boot.img

ha ha ha, I almost laughed out loud on that one! :icon_eek:

detox

Reaction score
Amosavitas you might be on your own for now. Just restored a nandroid. It's 2 here and I'm off to bed

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jr313

Reaction score
Ok i got the .ko file plugged in first it worked with adb remount, then flashed the boot.img but it froze up at the HTC screen...i have to go to work but will be happy to jump back on this when i get out of work today...