Stock Rubix 1.9.5. What to do with JRummy DX OC

salem667

Reaction score
Honestly id check out droid x overclock.... It has a lot of other cool features I think you will like... And if u just have a picky dx then u can still do loads of other stuff...just remember UL can screw u up too.... Let me know how it goes... Good luck

Reaction score
Honestly id check out droid x overclock.... It has a lot of other cool features I think you will like... And if u just have a picky dx then u can still do loads of other stuff...just remember UL can screw u up too.... Let me know how it goes... Good luck

cool! I don't have any issues supporting jrummy anyway, even if it doesn't work.

thanks man!

salem667

Reaction score
No prob... Yea I had rx rom and I got oc, root tools and logo changer... He does good work... I just like Rubix better myself.... Ive had less problems wirh this rom but jrummy has good stuff

in99flames

Reaction score
Rummy's overclock app is the only one I've used and purchased. I've been using it even before I used a custom rom. I find it a great app. I've used a few diff configurations. Every x is different as everyone knows but, my droid x runs stable and fast with high voltage on 1300mhz. I've tried 1350mhz on high voltage and it worked well but I would et a random force close here and there and an occasional crash. I used speedPI to test my benhmarks. High voltage on 1300mhz is a sweet spot for my X. I have it load this config on Boot as well.

I honestly haven't noticed any battery life improvements. Its not that I think its hurting my batt life I just never bothered to notice. I use my extended battery (the official verizon one) and it gives it the little extra to make it through the day. Hope this helps.
I recommend the program hands down!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

in99flames

Reaction score
Oh forgot to mebtion in my previous post..the 1300mhz apply on boot is perfect for my x.....might not be good with yours..experiment and find a stable freq Before you apply on boot or you could brick the phone in a bootloop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
using jrummy's overclocker i don't crash immediately on medium voltage @ 1.15
1.2 on medium slows it to a crawl and it reboots
1.15 is more speed so i guess i'll sit there for a few days and see what happens.

Reaction score
Just because i'm curious...and new to overclocking...
I get the benefits of UL Voltage & Low Voltage from a battery perspective.
If i'm running stable at 1.15 Medium voltage, what would be the benefits of going to high voltage?
Is it possible that i might run stable at a higher speed at a higher voltage?

akiles

Reaction score
I'm curious about the answer to this question.
I've read a lot about overclocking the x, and I find the subject counterintuitive. I've overclocked a couple of pcs in my life and I've always had to increase the voltage (mostly for the memory), never reduced. Same with video cards. More speed usually requires more voltage. And then the next problem is ensuring the pc doesn't melt from the inside out...

Just because i'm curious...and new to overclocking...
I get the benefits of UL Voltage & Low Voltage from a battery perspective.
If i'm running stable at 1.15 Medium voltage, what would be the benefits of going to high voltage?
Is it possible that i might run stable at a higher speed at a higher voltage?

salem667

Reaction score
Yea... Melt down is a problem, but higher voltage isnt necessarly better... The more volts the harder the batter works and the more heat... Run to hot for to long or on and off to hot messes with the sodder and other components on the mother board with can shut everything down... OCing can be tricky, thats why I havent played with advanced settings yet... Start off low and go higher.... Try the differents voltages like this... Medium voltage is pretty much what the stock dx runs, if im not mistaken

Droid X

sephtin

Reaction score
Can't speak to the settings of the app.. but above is accurate.

Voltage directly correlates with battery use. Higher voltage = slightly faster battery drain... Some people actually underclock/undervolt down to 800mhz specifically to get amazing battery life on the X.

And the heat issue isn't just running hot constantly... The chip has tons of solder points on the board.. which is where 2 different metals are connected via a third (solder) to make the connection. Since the different metals expand and contract at different temperatures.. lots of repetitive hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold... (I could keep going.. ;) will eventually cause weakening and/or poorer connections. ALL circuitry has a lifespan due to this, but this is one reason that you repeatedly hear that overclocking can shorten the lifespan of chips/devices/etc.
Unless you overclock to extremes... the risk is usually minimal, but as with desktop (and any chip for that matter)... the risk IS there. This is also why some devices "lose" overclock-ability over time. If pushed too hard, some devices can't overclock to what they could previously... what "seems" to be stable may not last.

As with desktop overclocking, I believe the recommended method is to find the breaking point then back it off a notch, then back it of another notch.
You may not be getting the very most out of your device with that method, but it will hopefully help with the longevity of the device and it's stability...

HTH!

salem667

Reaction score
Thats what I thought... Thank you for helping me explain myself better... Ive amped up radios also to play louder... Same applies there... Thats where I picked it up...

Reaction score
thanks septhin
i can make 1.1 on my device...so i guess i'll just leave it stock
probably getting a DX2 in May so hopefully I can push that one a little harder.