[ROM] Stock Root + Extras for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (Wifi) SM-T900

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablet Discussions' started by rhcp011235, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 55Pegasus

55Pegasus New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its great to see you workiing on this device RHCP. I flashed your ROM last night and it's running flawlessly. However istallation was a mess. I tried the version of TWRP you have in the OP. You have it as 2.7,1,2 but he download was 2.7,1,0. After doing a full wipe an error came up stating something about could not mount cache. I ended up using odin to flash TWRP from their website. After doing another wipe my cache partition was fixed and I was able to install your ROM. Prior I was running Mrwookie's ROM from XDA. I was based on the Stock British version, your build seems much smoother and faster.
    Also, the Stock Tar in the OP is compressed in bz2 that can only be, to my understanding, extracted in Apple (Unix) or linux and Windows does not have a program to decompress the file.
    I am looking forward to see your further development of this device as I did on your CM build on the G2. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. rhcp011235

rhcp011235 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks, Yes, there was an issue with the cache (but the recovery in the op should fix this)

The BZ2 (is a higher compression since its a bigger file) You can decompress it using windows tools.

How are you liking it so far?

Don't forget to donate for more work

• Like Like x 1
  3. bjc112

bjc112 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    SM-T900

4. rhcp011235

rhcp011235 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +21
    @bjc112 you may need to unzip the bz2 which turns into a tar. Then unzip the tar OR you have an old computer.

My second idea is. Download Samsung Kies and let it recover for you automatically

Let me know if this helps you

5. larrymore

larrymore New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    610-308-7955

Hi,
    You are not correct here, I have the tab pro 12.2 wifi SM-T900, as in you description. It turns out that a software build update prevents the usual installation of twrp. With some research, I found that I was not the only person this happened to, and the fix was to flash the Note pro bootloader via Odin; then I had all the tablet functioning but no recovery whatsoever (booting into recovery soft-bricked again). Flashify indicated there was no compatible twrp available (still none as of 9/10/14). I thought I I would have to find and flash the stock recovery image, but read that in the process of rooting, c-f root replaces the recovery. So I ran c-f root again, and sure enough, had a working recovery again, although not the same version I started out with. Thankfully, everything is up working fine again. I have root, but no custom recovery. No nandroid backup....

#17 larrymore, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dmcdivitt

dmcdivitt New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Thanks very much for posting ODIN files for a bricked tablet. Got me out of a bind!

• Like Like x 2
Search tags for this page
about sumsung tablet sm t900 free download

custom rom for t900

custom roms for sm t900

custom roms for t900

roms for sm t900
roms for sm-t900

sm-t900

sm t900 rom
sm-t900 roms
xda smt900 rom