Stock Rom for un-rooting

jacobjer

Reaction score
See posts saying its out there....I haven't located it yet though...anyone else?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am curious for this as well. Would love to have a stock SBF file, "just in case"...

bullswife98

Reaction score
They are working on it over on XDA's site, may be a little while before they are successful due to the locked bootloader and such but it is progressing. The Euro version will not work on USA version, different radio frequencies,along with the cdma,its not compatible. This is why I wont root my Razr when I get it in two weeks only cuz there is no-way to flash back to stock should problems arise. That and of course when ICS drops in the first quarter of 2012, I want to be able to receive the ota update then may root the Razr depending on the Development support at that time. Its rumored that when the ICS ota comes to the razr it may unlock the bootloader,who knows but definitely worth waiting to see if it does. Imo. Which would be awesome!! :)

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are working on it over on XDA's site, may be a little while before they are successful due to the locked bootloader and such but it is progressing. The Euro version will not work on USA version, different radio frequencies,along with the cdma,its not compatible. This is why I wont root my Razr when I get it in two weeks only cuz there is no-way to flash back to stock should problems arise. That and of course when ICS drops in the first quarter of 2012, I want to be able to receive the ota update then may root the Razr depending on the Development support at that time. Its rumored that when the ICS ota comes to the razr it may unlock the bootloader,who knows but definitely worth waiting to see if it does. Imo. Which would be awesome!! :)

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Eh? I thought that you can unroot the Razr currently? And wouldn't going into the bootloader and doing a factory wipe/data wipe restore it to out of the box without root?

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Eh? I thought that you can unroot the Razr currently? And wouldn't going into the bootloader and doing a factory wipe/data wipe restore it to out of the box without root?
you can unroot using a new app called Ginger unroot. Its .99 and it unroots anything. I've used it and it unroots in about 3 seconds, then used doomlords root to root again, absolutely no problems. If you do a factory restore root stays. But again can be removed in seconds.

OP
J

jacobjer

Reaction score
Thank you....worked.

gling

Reaction score
If rooted with Doomlord, he also has an unroot script over on XDA. I used it to unroot then did a factory data reset before exchanging my Razr.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
If rooted with Doomlord, he also has an unroot script over on XDA. I used it to unroot then did a factory data reset before exchanging my Razr.

would it be rude off me to ask if you might post a link to doomlord's root and unroot downloads? :)

Living on the edge!

gling

Reaction score
would it be rude off me to ask if you might post a link to doomlord's root and unroot downloads? :)

Living on the edge!

Not at all, that's what we're all here for. The Root thread is here on Droidforums started by Wicked (thank you again). It's on XDA also but Wicked's instructions are a little clearer.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/181762-how-root-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html

T
he unroot thread on XDA can be found here.
[UNROOT] For DROID RAZR [CDMA/GSM?][WINDOWS] - xda-developers

Good luck.