1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stock ROM CPU settings

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ViciousCircle, Mar 19, 2010.

1. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

Just wondering if anyone knows what the stock ROM min/max settings are, and if it has different min/max settings for various states (like SetCPU profiles) as well, and what they would be.
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

125, 250, 500, 550, 600. 600 is disabled in stock, but clearly defined in the kernel.

As far as I know, there are no profiles by default for charging, etc.
  3. ViciousCircle

So, does the stock phone vary the CPU speed from 125 to 550 then? or does it only go down to 250 or so?
  4. adrynalyne

125 to 550.
  5. ViciousCircle

Ok, one more question if you don't mind... AdamZ has 3 voltages for his various ROMs, low, medium and high... does anyone know which one of those would be similar to what stock is?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out what causes me and others to occasionally have the issue where the phone won't wake from idle/sleep. Someone mentioned that they cured theirs by setting the sleep profile min to 400. Now, I'm wondering if it is a voltage issue, or a clock issue. So, I'm trying various combos to see if I can narrow it down. I never had the issue when I was on stock, and only actually had it sometime after Pete released BB 7.6 or so. Tried various combos of Roms and kernels. So now I'm running the latest SG and Adam's LV 600mHz rom and am trying different min speeds in the sleep profile. But, I'm still wondering if it is speed or voltage (or maybe neither).

I figured if I knew the stock that might help somewhat.
  6. adrynalyne

If I had his .config file when he compiled the kernel, I could tell you. Otherwise, I don't know. One would assume low, because undervolting is sometimes just as risky as overvolting. So I would assume low wouldn't go below stock. I could be wrong, of course.
  7. adrynalyne

Actually, the more I think about this, the more I wonder if stock the Droid runs at 550mhz all the time. The reason I say this is that the default cpu governor in the kernel is performance. However, there is also omap specific power saving settings in the kernel too.

I'm not sure which takes precedence. I'm guessing the omap stuff does.
  8. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Oh man, I'm totally with you with trying to figure this out. Today I had that dreaded issue where my phone wouldn't wake from sleep using Adamz Low Voltage kernel. I do have my my standby/sleep set to 125/125 though so I dunno. This has happened to me with chevy's kernel also, and with that kernel I had my standby to 125/300(or 400). I thought Chevy said he was using stock voltages though and that the only voltage change was for 1.2GHz+ speeds. So I dunno lol, for a minute I was thinking that low voltage+Low temps (my house gets cooled especially in the basement lol. Which also doesn't make sense since it happened in warmer rooms too lol ???
  9. ViciousCircle

Well, I've been running for about a day and a half with my sleep min set to 400 and haven't had the sleeplock happen yet (though every freaking time I say that, it happens within an hour :p ). And, I haven't noticed a huge battery hit either from having the sleep min set a bit higher than I normally would. I'll keep it set this way for a while and see what happens.
  10. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

FWIW, I set my sleep min at 250. It doesn't matter which kernal I'm on, 125 always gives me the sleep lock problem.
  11. ViciousCircle

I had mine set to 250 min ondemand and had the issue randomly. I have to wonder if it has a problem at that speed coming out of sleep if there are a few too many processes active at the moment I try to wake it. So, that's why I'm trying 400 and also what prompted me to wonder about the stock sleep speed. For instance, it might be that the times it happens, the system is updating my RSS feeds, touchdown email and gmail or something and can't also ramp up enough to wake the phone? Again, this is all speculation on my part while trying to figure out the issue.
  12. adrynalyne

I have a potential fix for you to try.

Line 87 or thereabouts of your build.prop has this

Code:
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

Comment it out.
    Code:
    #ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

And reboot.
  13. ViciousCircle

Would that only fix the problem if there is an incoming call? It doesn't appear to be triggered by a call and sometimes I haven't noticed until I hit the button on the top of the phone to wake it. Of course, once it is in the sleeplock state, I get no calls, email or notifications or anything.

Also, mine is set to 2000 since when installing SG, I picked the option to cut the ring delay by 1/3.

Edit - also wanted to thank you for the help your giving on this adrynalyne!
  14. adrynalyne

Its just for incoming calls.
Search tags for this page
android rom config cpu
config cpu rom in rom

gs3 stock cpu settings

how to default cpu settings android
not 2 stock cpu setting
s3 stock cpu clock settings
set standard cpu android
stock cpu speak droid x2