1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

stock recovery being flashed over clockwork

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by beneharris, Aug 23, 2010.

1. beneharris

beneharris New Member

alright, so i rooted the official OTA froyo with the app "universal androot", then i installed rom manager, and flashed over clockwork. then i booted into clockwork, made a nandroid for when i applied a new rom.

today i went to apply said rom, and the stock recovery console was back on the phone, instead of clockwork. so i reflashed clockwork, and messed around in it for minute, accidentally rebooted, then i booted back into my recovery. only to find out that the stock recovery is back onto the phone.

is there any reason that this would be happening? i do have root, because rom manager, and root explorer, and a few other apps recodnize having super user permissions. what reason could there be for the stock console to be reflashed back on every time i reboot the phone?

now here is my real question. does everybody think it is safe to go ahead and flash a custom rom with clockwork, then just cross my fingers that everything goes ok once i do? i suppose i could reflash every time i need to boot into clockwork, but that will get to be a huge pain.
  2. gavron

gavron Guest

The official OTA update reflashes the stock recovery console.

There's another thread which VERY well addresses this in detail, as well as how to disable it.

If you search for posts by me (gavron) since yesterday, the one that says something like "great detail"... that's the thread you want.

E
    Edit: Found it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-feature-undo-custom-recovery-partitions.html
  3. beneharris

beneharris New Member

ok awesome. i give my searching skills a big fat fail then.

if the mods feel this one needs to be deleted, go right ahead!

thank you btw
Search tags for this page
android incredible stock recovery
clockwork recovery instead of stock recovery

droid incredible stock recovery

recovery para su370
stock recovery img for droid incredible