Stock Odin Files Available For Verizon Galaxy S5 To Return To Stock!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of the most frequently asked questions that I get when a new root method like towelroot comes out is "How do i return to stock for warranty purposes?". Most of the time if all you need to do is unroot your device you can just boot into recovery and wipe data, if that doesn't get you unrooted there is also an option to fully unroot in the SuperSU app. If you have changed any of your system apps, you will want to not only unroot, but you will also want to flash a stock image in Odin. This will also get rid of any custom recovery if you have one installed. The Galaxy S5 on Verizon now has some stock files for Odin flashing available for download. It is super easy to get back to stock this way. You can head to the link below for the downloads and full install instructions.

Via XDA

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Odin is a must for all Samsung owners ...:good

M8 tap'd

I haven't plugged the new S5 into my Win7 computer yet, but my guess is there are some Samsung drivers somewhere I need to install first. But, I used Odin with the S3 and it was a must.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yup get them drivers installed ...I still have the previous Odin and used it for both Note 's ..once that phone is recognized the rest is smooth sailing

M8 tap'd

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't plugged the new S5 into my Win7 computer yet, but my guess is there are some Samsung drivers somewhere I need to install first. But, I used Odin with the S3 and it was a must.

normally you can just put the phone in usb debugging mode and then plug into the PC. Drivers should auto install.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, unlike the S3 I didn't need to download any drivers when I connected my S5 to my work pc today.

tap'n on my S5