Stock music player

WestOkid

Reaction score
I saw somewhere that Google has not released API for Google Music yet. Calling it beta. Anyone know if this is true? As for amazon, that will likely remain proprietary.

Sent from my Sexy DROID RAZR using Taptalk

doublea500

Reaction score
I saw somewhere that Google has not released API for Google Music yet. Calling it beta. Anyone know if this is true? As for amazon, that will likely remain proprietary.

nooo google music went out of beta. they had an event about it. you probably read old information because it was released in the beta phase.

doublea500

Reaction score
Does the stock player support gapless playback and cross fade yet? I went to powerAmp because I couldn't take it. It is amazing how little work Google puts into refinement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

im sorry? i hate to do this but that doesnt mean google music is bad. They focused way more on the cloud then the app itself. i dont know what gapless playback or cross fade is but i can live without it. dont debase google because they lack a few features. think about the big picture. google created android o_O. They have google +, google.com, gmail, email, google music, market, books, browser, camera, clock... and thats not even half the things that they have to worry about. when was the last time you checked out the calender? they put alot of refinement into that. compare this google music to the music in the og droid. its a huge improvement. power amp is better because it only focuses on the single app. google has much more on there mind. they focus much more on stability then on features, and admit it, google music is stable.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a Google bashing because I prefer options and openness over Apple anyday. I am a tweaker at heart.
That said, gapless playback manages the space between each song and crossfade makes the transition between songs seamless instead of a harsh stop and start. This is standard on iphone, windows phone, ipods etc etc. Nothing special.
If android is great with refinement then why do you think most of us replace just about every stock app(text, music, camera, contacts, browser) ? Where as iPhone and Windows users run stock. Those companies have the same things to work on. Comparing new Android to old Android only means it's getting better. But it does not provide the user experience or refinement out of the box as others do. Heck! They just decided it made sense to offer hardware acceleration in the UI.

OCDroid

Reaction score
On the album art....go into applications and clear the cache/data for Google music. Then, If you need to, run cover art downloader from the market. Open up music and poof there's the art. I think this will also delete your playlists and stuff, though.

I glanced through and didn't see it, but aside from the cloud-ness being missing, cubed (³) is better looking anyway, IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

meaker

Reaction score
I think Google music is pretty good but they don't have a clue about gapless playback. This is where a ipad wins..gapless- If you listen to a album that was recorded live you might notice it. If you listen to mix dubstep it any other techno mix album you will be very frustrated with hearing a gap right in the middle of your music..

ksaul

Reaction score
how do I download music from my google music account to my phone? And how can I get album art automatically?

doublea500

Reaction score
how do I download music from my google music account to my phone? And how can I get album art automatically?

go to music tab then click make available offline then click the ones you want.

for album art, i dont think you can do that. theres plenty of apps taht do it in the market that i use. use once and uninstall and keep the pics:D.

doublea500

Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a Google bashing because I prefer options and openness over Apple anyday. I am a tweaker at heart.
That said, gapless playback manages the space between each song and crossfade makes the transition between songs seamless instead of a harsh stop and start. This is standard on iphone, windows phone, ipods etc etc. Nothing special.
If android is great with refinement then why do you think most of us replace just about every stock app(text, music, camera, contacts, browser) ? Where as iPhone and Windows users run stock. Those companies have the same things to work on. Comparing new Android to old Android only means it's getting better. But it does not provide the user experience or refinement out of the box as others do. Heck! They just decided it made sense to offer hardware acceleration in the UI.

well heres why. (im happy to be explaining this!) The stock apps dont give us customization. we dl apps that allow more settings and have things done our way. themes, settings, everything. iphone- they cant replace stock apps, that one reason why android is so awesome. windows- im using google chrome now. not internet explorer. i use microsoft word, not notepad. hence the reason why android users use windows mostly.

theres the beauty of android. the ability to make your phone, literally your phone. want to theme it and make everything blue? its possible! want to get rid of every application? once again, possible! (though not recommended) Android is open source and google promotes 3rd party firmware and applications. I can even make my old og, a plate to eat food off of. lets see iphone do that!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

People change things on Android because they actually can if they choose to, unlike Iphone and Windows.

paco818

Reaction score
The stock music player definitely needs gapless playback. Especially when Google is selling albums that were recorded with gapless playback in mind. I purchased Pink Floyd's "The Wall" from Google Play, and I believe that Google should have a media player that plays the album back to its intended form. I can download the album to my phone and play it back with Poweramp, but that's not the point.