stock music player playing automatically.

iWordplay

Reaction score
it seems every time I plug in my headphones the stock music player turns on to a random song. wtf?

joliett

Reaction score
My droid also randomly starts playing songs automatically with nothing attached - the songs just start themselves and will DRAIN my battery. :icon_eek:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
These problems are most likely a function of either 1) a loose headphone jack or 2) a corroded headphone jack. The Droid takes inputs from headphones and it sounds like yours is moving around on insertion and making contact with whatever turns on the music. This has been resolved by either replacing your phone under warranty or by inserting a small piece of folded paper between the jack and the phone housing.

The corrosion issue has been fixed by 1) turning off the phone, 2) removing the battery, 3) cleaning the jack with a pipe cleaner.

Good luck.

eodguy2

Reaction score
Not just head phone jack, mine sometimes starts up when blooth tooth connects

owuaarontsi

Reaction score
Ahh I had this fixed but just wiped with a new rom. There's a script you can find if you search on google. Must find again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

l8nitesurfer

Reaction score
I have the same issue when I insert my headphones. I doubt that this is caused by corrosion as my phone is new... Issue started with stock 2.1 and occurs with Bugless Beast v0.4 Froyo 2.2 rom's. I have even tried different wired headphones. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue??? I have tried to remove the music app but the option is grayed out.

owuaarontsi

Reaction score
Hey I found the solution. Using terminal or adb shell, type:

pm disable com.android.music/
com.android.music.MediaButtonIntentReceiver

Axium

Reaction score

can anyone confirm if this works? i ended up renaming music app and using mixzing as my default, but sometimes it starts music up randomly but its way less problematic w/ mixzing than stock music app.

cpaandrew

Reaction score
Permission Denied?

I tried this via the Android terminal Emulator and it said that it couldn't open the log files because permission was denied. How do I change the permissions so I can run that command?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

I tried this via the Android terminal Emulator and it said that it couldn't open the log files because permission was denied. How do I change the permissions so I can run that command?

Are you rooted?

Did you type "su" then hit enter before entering the code?