stock music player death match with power amp

derfla77

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been using poweramp since i got the d2 in october. Rather enjoyably at that. About 2 weeks ago I turned on the phone and it told me there were a number of different updates so I updated a bunch of apps of which power amp was one (don't remember the rest).
After that though the stock music player started this thing where it just turns itself on (and sometimes off) completely randomly while i'm using the power amp player. So I uninstalled then re-installed the power amp. the problem persisted. I pulled the battery and all the quick fixes i could think of and nothing worked. So I did a factory reset and much to my dismay this did not help at all. the problem seems to be getting worse. the stock player seems to turn itself on when buttons are pressed, apps opened or closed, browser opened or closed, phone tilted or moved and just today started doing it while the phone was sitting on the desk. this is driving me batsh*t crazy. Can anyone think of anyway to fix this without rooting?
I'm not opposed to rooting but really don't have the time at the moment.

I've seen some similar posts regarding the stock music player acting up with bt devices but nothing like this.
thanks!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
How do you not have the time to root? You install the z4root app and tap permanent root. After a minute or two it will reboot and your done.

z4root
z4root 1.3.0 (1).apk

Anyways I would suggest, if you dont mind rooting, to remove the stock music player. As far as I know its not tied in to anything with blur that it will break.

OP
D

derfla77

Reaction score
Ok, so backed up and rooted the thing finally and removed the music player using the liberty toolbox. Music player problem solved.
But now the phone is randomly calling people in the recent calls log and the voicecommand prompt is coming up randomly when ever i do something else (open or close something, touch a button, in the middle of typing this post etc...). The first issue is pretty easily fixed by clearing the log, but its kind of annoying. Thr second one's just flat out aggravating. It also has been freezing up when i unlock the sleep screen occassionally and also randomly restarting while using the browser. I haven't installed a ROM because I don't know which one nor do I want to spend the time researching (I am open to suggestions- I just wnt something to make the phone work like normal and not do random sh*t!) Does anyone know why this is happening/had a similar experience? I did a back up so I can always revert to that and the original music player problem I guess....bleh.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
You're not alone. I've never had that issue but other members here have. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums