Stock music app wont save play lists

chomorro

Reaction score
I love the stock music app but for some reason it erases my play lists occasinally. It also wont add songs to playlists for some reason. I will add it but it wont save it or show the new song in the play list. Am i doing something wrong??

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue but have not found a fix yet. I have no problem creating a play list. After a week, the play list just vanishes and I have to recreate it. If anyone has some solutions I would love to hear them!

OP
C

chomorro

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue but have not found a fix yet. I have no problem creating a play list. After a week, the play list just vanishes and I have to recreate it. If anyone has some solutions I would love to hear them!

Yea its super annoying. I was hoping the new update would fix it but it still does the same thing. Sometimes my playlist will be there and when i click into it, all songs are gone....... So i have to make another playlist. No way to select multiple songs to add to a playlist makes doing this over and over again a huge headache.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Yea its super annoying. I was hoping the new update would fix it but it still does the same thing. Sometimes my playlist will be there and when i click into it, all songs are gone....... So i have to make another playlist. No way to select multiple songs to add to a playlist makes doing this over and over again a huge headache.
I created a smart action that plays my playlist whenever I plugg my headphones in. Ever since I have done that I haven't lost my playlist....fingers crossed

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I created a smart action that plays my playlist whenever I plugg my headphones in. Ever since I have done that I haven't lost my playlist....fingers crossed

I will have to give that a try. I'll let you know if it worked for me in a week or two since that is usually how long it takes for the playlist to disappear. Thanks!

OP
C

chomorro

Reaction score
I'm going to give that a try. If i can make one to play a play list once blue tooth is connected and raise the volume then I will be a happy camper

rherron

Reaction score
Try Google Play Music. Works nicely. I like that I can set it and forget it and it just syncs with my PC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

WillCutting

Reaction score
I've been trying google play as of today but it always shuffles your play lists. Holly crap that's terrible! What's the point of having a play list if you can't chose the order in witch it's played? Very frustrating and I'll still have to look for a new player on my phone. I don't get why there are two different program/team of programmers that can't grasp the concept of a play list.

OP
C

chomorro

Reaction score
I have been using google play for a week. Few things that bug me are i cant select multiple songs to add to a playlist. And also the smart action only works with playlists created by the my music app, which defeats the point because i cant create playlists with it in the first place LOL.

It also shows different values. The same playlist in google play shows 630 songs, but in the my music app shows 563 songs. WTFFFFF

Very frustrating

Last edited:

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I've been trying google play as of today but it always shuffles your play lists. Holly crap that's terrible! What's the point of having a play list if you can't chose the order in witch it's played? Very frustrating and I'll still have to look for a new player on my phone. I don't get why there are two different program/team of programmers that can't grasp the concept of a play list.

I agree that the default shuffle is annoying, but when the song is playing you can turn the shuffle off. for the playlist... What I don't like about it is losing player control while the phone is locked. I can control the volume via bluetooth but I can't change songs. My playlist have continued to vansih, so I'm still SOL!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have been using UberMusic from the PS and really like it over the stock APP. Though I don't use a play list so I am unsure if that functions as it should, but might be worth a shot for you.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I have been using UberMusic from the PS and really like it over the stock APP. Though I don't use a play list so I am unsure if that functions as it should, but might be worth a shot for you.

Do you use this with Bluetooth in a car? If you do, how has that been working out for you? I just might have to try UberMusic either way. Thank you.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do you use this with Bluetooth in a car? If you do, how has that been working out for you? I just might have to try UberMusic either way. Thank you.

I have not gotten Bluetooth to work in my car for music, but I think that is because it is unsupported by my truck. I can sync it up to make phone calls with the built in microphone the truck has but it won't play my music.