Stock messaging app slows to a crawl.

OP
IronFox

IronFox

Reaction score
Yet again today. Am I the only one having this problem???

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Mine did the same a while back but it seems to have been that FlexT9 keyboard that I had gotten from Amazon. Things are normal now. Do you happen to have a third party keyboard installed? My lag happened even if I wasn't using that keyboard at the time, as long as it was installed on my phone it was an issue.

OP
IronFox

IronFox

Reaction score
I did get that same keyboard form amazon. Guess I should try uninstalling it then. I'll uninstall it and we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: As I'm going to uninstall it, I noticed that the data is pretty high at 1.61 MBs. That seems awfully high for any app.

Last edited:

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump but I have been trying to figure out if I was the only DROID I2 user to be having this issue. This is one of the reasons I asked Verizon to exchange my Droid 2 for an Incredible 2; it seems to have followed me.

I'm using the stock messenger and even limited each contact a 400 message limit. Still I am getting 30 second load times just to answer a one word txt.

What is going on?

EDIT: I actually just switched to the Gingerbread keyboard so I'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

micjmac

Reaction score
Mine doesn't slow down rendering it useless, but it does lag. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to change my new texts from "unread" to "read" status. For example, after I read my new texts and go to the screen with all of my texts from all of my contacts, for a few seconds it will still say that I have X amount of messages unread, when in fact I had just taken a look at them previously.

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Mine doesn't slow down rendering it useless, but it does lag. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to change my new texts from "unread" to "read" status. For example, after I read my new texts and go to the screen with all of my texts from all of my contacts, for a few seconds it will still say that I have X amount of messages unread, when in fact I had just taken a look at them previously.

Yah this happens to mine all the time. I just close messaging and then open it again. That usually works.

wyatta4

Reaction score
Mine lags a FREAKING TON when switching in between people in the texting app. It is ridiculous. Does no one have a fix? Maybe a different texting app that doesnt have a bunch of BS like SMSGo?

ajrenee

Reaction score
this happens to me too. every day i have to restart my phone. i don't have any extra things, other than the usual apps. no one has a solid idea what is causing it?

TheLastNative

Reaction score
I just start deleting messages when I get to around 250-300 per person.
That seems to free things up.

On another note, I just got 2.3.3 but I can't seem to get the new gingerbread keyboard. Help anyone?