Stock Launcher or Launcher Pro with MIUI???

Stock Launcher, LauncherPro, or Other

• Stock Launcher! It's amazing!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LauncherPro, can't stay away for long!

• Other (ADW or any other replacement you may use)

• Total voters

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Just curious. I love the stock launcher, but it's just hard to stay away from launcher pro and it's widgets, so I'm just interested to see everyone else's opinions on which combo they use.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
even with other ROMs I didnt like launcher pro. I used ADW...but kinda defeats the purpose of using MIUI if you dont use the launcher. (other than the menu settins, notification pull down, dialer, contacts and mms.

I personally dont like the app drawer. Its redundant and I dont feel the need to have duplicate icons for apps. And I know you can hide them from the drawer, but then in the future if you remove something from your desktop...and you hid it a while back...guess what...its now hidden.

OP
Shusuke028

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Lol yea, you're right, but that's honestly what I Like MOST about the ROM, the dialer, contact, mms, etc. Basically all of the small things. but although the stock launcher is stable... I've always been a launcher pro person since it's launch. I mean I've tried ADW, and it's CRAZY smooth and fast. The single reason I switched back to LP is because of the widgets (Friends, messaging, and people mainly)

Icculus760

Reaction score
For now, this is an easy question for me.

Using LP+ over MIUI's launcher only because MIUI backup doesn't work yet (small price to pay for a freaking amazing port/translate job by the team). I'm lazy. I'd much rather restore LP+ and reset a couple widgets after upgrading to the newest MIUI than have to take however long it would to re-create my MIUI homescreens & folders.

Interesting poll btw

OP
Shusuke028

Shusuke028

Reaction score
lmao yea you have a good point
and thanks! I just been wondering about it for a while and wanted to see others input/opinions

taward09

Reaction score
LP+ all the way. I like the stock launcher fine, it's smooth and what not, but I prefer an app drawer. That was one of the main things that drew me toward Android. The stock launcher is too iPhoney for me. that's why I went back to v4 instead of v5. The new settings menus are too iPhoney in v5 for me, too.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I'm a fan of both. I switch back and forth from launcher pro plus and stock frequently. I love the Widgets with port plus but the shear number of home screens available with stock is nice. Plus I saw the new clock weather widget that they cooked up for miui and I'm kind of drooling a little.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

publicanimal

Reaction score
For now, this is an easy question for me.

Using LP+ over MIUI's launcher only because MIUI backup doesn't work yet (small price to pay for a freaking amazing port/translate job by the team). I'm lazy. I'd much rather restore LP+ and reset a couple widgets after upgrading to the newest MIUI than have to take however long it would to re-create my MIUI homescreens & folders.

Interesting poll btw

FYI, there are two easy ways to backup your Miui home screen layouts. I use MyBackupPro to backup "Android Home". Works like a charm. You can also use Titanium Backup and backup data for Launcher2.

Obviously I use the Miui stock launcher.

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
i like both but i use launcherpro only for the widgets...twitter and contacts cause i havent found anywidgets to match those...i love the icons also, they are uniform..but themiui launcher i switch to every now and then just to look at and play with because i love the animations and designs of it...

Icculus760

Reaction score
FYI, there are two easy ways to backup your Miui home screen layouts. I use MyBackupPro to backup "Android Home". Works like a charm. You can also use Titanium Backup and backup data for Launcher2.

Well, that's just great. Thanks a lot. Now I have a launcher vs launcher problem on my hands. Awesome.
Sorry if that sounded sarcastic - I'm very happy to know that info dancedroid

psionhacker

Reaction score
I use touchwiz launcher and it runs really well on my droid

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

iamasongnow

Reaction score
i think using an alternate launcher with this rom kind of defeats the purpose. SOOOOO i kind of feel like a cheater every time i hit the home button after titanium backup finishes restoring everything after a fresh install. :)

definitely a good question. i've been curious about this ever sinced i started using miui. i love the little widget drawer and the waste bin in the stock launcher BUT

1. don't like my homescreens cluttered with apps/too lazy to organize them.
2. i only put widgets on my homescreens so i need an app drawer.
3. can't resize widgets or use the ones that come with lp+

OP
Shusuke028

Shusuke028

Reaction score
i think using an alternate launcher with this rom kind of defeats the purpose. SOOOOO i kind of feel like a cheater every time i hit the home button after titanium backup finishes restoring everything after a fresh install. :)

definitely a good question. i've been curious about this ever sinced i started using miui. i love the little widget drawer and the waste bin in the stock launcher BUT

1. don't like my homescreens cluttered with apps/too lazy to organize them.
2. i only put widgets on my homescreens so i need an app drawer.
3. can't resize widgets or use the ones that come with lp+

I agree with you. I feel like I'm cheating by using Launcher Pro, but the main reason I use this ROM is because of the uniformity of the icons and the extras, like the phone, contacts, sms, the notification bar, etc. But I just can't leave Launcher Pro's widgets for long

Azurikai

Reaction score
use whichever you want, i don't really like the stock one to be honest. i mean it has some cool features but i am using MIUI for the small stuff like MMS and notification bar and menu looks.

OP
Shusuke028

Shusuke028

Reaction score
use whichever you want, i don't really like the stock one to be honest. i mean it has some cool features but i am using MIUI for the small stuff like MMS and notification bar and menu looks.

What that guy said. I switch to ADW every now and then just because it's really smooth but I like LP+ widgets so i switch between those 3.