Stock Keyboard

michaelearth

Reaction score
I have UD 1.0 and I was wondering how I can get the stock 2.2 Android keyboard instead of the skinned one included in the rom?

Thanks!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go back to the ROM you had before and open it up with 7zip. And when I say go back to it I mean, the MyoldROM.zip you have saved on your computer, not to reinstall it on the phone. Choose "open archive". then go into the system/app folder. You will find your old keyboard in there. probably latinim.apk or LatinImGoogle.apk or something like that. Pull it off to your desktop.

Next.. connect your phone upto the computer and transfer the file over to your phone's SD card. Disconnect from pc. Now, using whatever you use, I use Root Explorer, go into your file you just put on your SD Card and longpress on it. Then choose "copy". Next navigate to the phones system/app folder and mount as R/W. Next paste your keyboard in there. Once you pasted it, go to it and longpress on it. select "permissions". Set it up so that in column 1, all three are checked, colum 2 just the top one and nothing in column 3. Once that's done mount back to R/O and reboot.

I am sure there is an easier way that takes 5 seconds but, this is what I know and I am just at least giving you a way to do what you want.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go back to the ROM you had before and open it up with 7zip. And when I say go back to it I mean, the MyoldROM.zip you have saved on your computer, not to reinstall it on the phone. Choose "open archive". then go into the system/app folder. You will find your old keyboard in there. probably latinim.apk or LatinImGoogle.apk or something like that. Pull it off to your desktop.

Next.. connect your phone upto the computer and transfer the file over to your phone's SD card. Disconnect from pc. Now, using whatever you use, I use Root Explorer, go into your file you just put on your SD Card and longpress on it. Then choose "copy". Next navigate to the phones system/app folder and mount as R/W. Next paste your keyboard in there. Once you pasted it, go to it and longpress on it. select "permissions". Set it up so that in column 1, all three are checked, colum 2 just the top one and nothing in column 3. Once that's done mount back to R/O and reboot.

I am sure there is an easier way that takes 5 seconds but, this is what I know and I am just at least giving you a way to do what you want.

Xkape how would the power control widget be named in a back up file?

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score

Thanks but I'm hoping that there is a more simple to get the stock keyboard.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
quote]
Xkape how would the power control widget be named in a back up file?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to disable the widget so that it's not running but still there incase you want it later? If so just rename it from .apk to .bak

Or are you just asking me what the power control widget is called?

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
quote]
Xkape how would the power control widget be named in a back up file?

Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to disable the widget so that it's not running but still there incase you want it later? If so just rename it from .apk to .bak

Or are you just asking me what the power control widget is called?[/QUOTE]

I'm just asking how the powercontrol apk would be listed in one of my backups that I have. Hope I'm making sense.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Power Control Widget is in the Settings.apk

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I need to pull the settings .apk from my backup if I want to put on old smoked power control widget in my current rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App