Stock keyboard and emoji

deadernie

Reaction score
My wife and I just got new T2's almost a week ago. While emoji works fine for text any emoji typed on Facebook just shows up as a square with a X through it. What am I doing wrong. Everything is stock and using stock keyboard as well.

On a side note, Motorola still can't build a phone with a functional headset jack to save their lives. Used mine 3 days in a row at work and one side has already dropped out and crackles.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sure it's not the headphones? I've used the hell out of mine and still perfect.
Not sure about your FB issue. That usually means your using non standard emoji which clearly can't be the issue. Hmmm...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
Yes. I've used them in my iPod with no problem. Even bought a new set of earbuds. I swear every Droid I've had has had this issue at one time or another. I guess it's time to go wireless but I need something that fits under my ear protection at work.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. I've used them in my iPod with no problem. Even bought a new set of earbuds. I swear every Droid I've had has had this issue at one time or another. I guess it's time to go wireless but I need something that fits under my ear protection at work.
Have you tried blowing out the jack? A little pocket lint can wreak havoc.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had simar problems on all 4 Droid Razr M's that I owned...had 3 replaced by Verizon. No issues with my wife / kids Moto X's. I only use Bluetooth headphones with my Turbo 2. Check out Moto Buds on Amazon / EBay. They are an older model, but sound good; and they are cheap now that they are older. The cables to the actual buds are skinny and may fit under hearing protection. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As far as the emoji, I'll try to remember to ask my wife. I don't use Facebook but she uses it all day long on her Turbo 2.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's not a T2 thing. Works fine on mine. And we would have heard about this before if it was.
Let's verify for verification sake. Does your first page of emoji look like mine?
uploadfromtaptalk1457280331971.png

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
It's not a T2 thing. Works fine on mine. And we would have heard about this before if it was.
Let's verify for verification sake. Does your first page of emoji look like mine?
View attachment 76086

Yes, that is what mine looks like. And also I had ended my last post here with an emoji and it didn't show up. Like this " " there's an angry emoji between the quotes. <---three sad emoji right there.

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
I had simar problems on all 4 Droid Razr M's that I owned...had 3 replaced by Verizon. No issues with my wife / kids Moto X's. I only use Bluetooth headphones with my Turbo 2. Check out Moto Buds on Amazon / EBay. They are an older model, but sound good; and they are cheap now that they are older. The cables to the actual buds are skinny and may fit under hearing protection. Just a suggestion.

Thank you. I'll have to check those out. I just don't understand why Moto can't get this right.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes, that is what mine looks like. And also I had ended my last post here with an emoji and it didn't show up. Like this " " there's an angry emoji between the quotes. <---three sad emoji right there.
Quick reply won't show emojis. You need to be in full for Tapatalk.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Install another key board temporarily. Go to settings and applications and disable Google keyboard. This will remove all updates but leave the core app on the phone. Reboot the phone. Go back into an applications and enable the Google keyboard. Go into language and input and switch to Google keyboard and see if it works.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, immediately below are 7 emojis, laughing with tears, two eyes looking left, wide eyed blushing, cool with sunglasses, wink with tongue out, wink with smile, and smile with rosy cheeks and eyes closed.

Below is a screen shot of them before being sent and also a screen shot of the first section of emojis in Tapatalk. I know the discussion is for Facebook but even in Tapatalk emojis don't always look the same to the recipient.

c2161f8c963a6f986b618f52bc2bbfe4.jpg