Stock JB for CDMA Nexus

kevin1016

Reaction score
I've been running the first JB ROM that was pulled from the GSM Nexus a couple months back. Everything works fine for the most part except for a few random freezes where I have to pull the battery and WiFi tether doesn't work. I'd like to update to one of the current JB ROMs but I'm not interested in the all of the enhancements and tweaks that they all seem to have. Is there a ROM that is simply AOSP, no tweaks?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do you mean you are not interested in any customization? I only ask because there are a couple ROMs I can think of with little customization options but they do include tweaks intended for speed/stability etc.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
Do you mean you are not interested in any customization? I only ask because there are a couple ROMs I can think of with little customization options but they do include tweaks intended for speed/stability etc.
Yeah, I'm not interested in all of the customizations. Not that I wouldn't use them. I've tried many, many ROMs over the years. It seems like every single one slows down over time and/or develop stability issues. They're great when I first flash but it seems like they just degrade for some reason. I have no idea the actual reasoning but I'm definitely not imagining things. I've always had the best stability with stock. The extra features aren't worth it IMO. Is there a CDMA JB ROM that is strictly stock?

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
Also, I don't understand why JB needs speed tweaks. Stock is 100% smooth and fast. Why mess with it?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well I can look around but I do not know of any devs off-hand that do not at least tweak speed etc.

And I agree that JB is definitely very nice.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
Well I can look around but I do not know of any devs off-hand that do not at least tweak speed etc.

And I agree that JB is definitely very nice.
Thanks. I'd probably be willing to flash a customized ROM if there isn't a stock one available. Which one is currently the most stable? I've browsed through some Jelly Belly threads and it seems like there are tons of issues.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have never tried it but I have heard a lot of good about Bugless Beast.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
BAMF Paradigm has been awesome. They say "no useless tweaks" and only have a handful of customizations. And there have been no bugs for me at all!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never tried it but I have heard a lot of good about Bugless Beast.

If you want stock, Bugless Beast is about as close as you'll get until an OTA. Pete doesn't put in any customization options other than maybe pull down toggles, but I don't even think he has that. He tweaks the kernel and gives a few other speed and performance improvements, but that's about it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for helping out with some suggestions guys. Its tough to suggest too many stockish ROMs when I like the ones that have all the bells and whistles lol. I have been meaning to give Bugless a shot though, always liked it for the Droid 1 (I know, that is going way back).

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I put Bugless Beast on to try out. So far so good!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Good to hear, keep us updated!

soulshot96

Reaction score
Jelly belly is pretty much stock AOSP. The official threads on rootzwiki if anyone wants to check it out.