Stock Incredible 2 rom?

efbld2f

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get it? And, newish as it might be, is there a difference between RUU and rom? And if so, does anyone know where I can get a stock RUU for 2.3.3?

I need to install via sd card and bootloader. My inc2 refuses to get past the white HTC screen (factory wipe, titanium backup, etc. nothing works).

Can I use an Incredible 1 rom on an Incredible 2 or is that a bad idea for some reason? I just can't find any reference on the web to stock inc2 roms (just stock inc1 roms)

ABQNM

Reaction score
Never use a rom made for a different device. They have different hardware and you will have issues. RUU stands for Rom Update Utility and is actually a windows program that will update your phone from the PC. You may see RUU zip files which are what the phone downloads OTA and flashes without the need for a PC.

As for the ROM, first it matters if you are rooted with s-off or not. If you are stock you can use the RUU (on Windows) found at the bottom of this article Exclusive Download + Video: Root-Friendly Flashable Gingerbread Update For HTC Droid Incredible 2 [Leak]. If you are rooted follow the root instructions there, but you can disregard the disclaimer about the fact that you need to wait for root as this version can be rooted with revolutionary (could not when posted though). If rooted you can use the RUU as well, you will just have to re-run revolutionary when done.

Edit: Fixed post - internet died when I tried to post it and now that it is working again it somehow changed it all to html but didn't display that way.

Last edited:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Make sure you do not update to 2.3.4 of gingerbread!!!! you will no longer have a root if you do!! or is it 2.3.5....i dont know..