Stock Fresh Install 4.1.2 and SMS/Text Messaging WILL NOT WORK!

KJabs

Reaction score
I just did a hard reset because I was having trouble with my phone. One of the problems was that the text messaging app kept crashing. If I touched a thread to open it, the app crashed and the phone went back to the home screen. Now, it's happening again, after a hard reset!!! I don't think it's any third party app affecting it, because I haven't reinstalled that many yet. A reboot fixed it the first few times (after the hard reset) but now nothing is working.

Any ideas? Please help!

kwyrt

Reaction score
I just did a hard reset because I was having trouble with my phone. One of the problems was that the text messaging app kept crashing. If I touched a thread to open it, the app crashed and the phone went back to the home screen. Now, it's happening again, after a hard reset!!! I don't think it's any third party app affecting it, because I haven't reinstalled that many yet. A reboot fixed it the first few times (after the hard reset) but now nothing is working.

Any ideas? Please help!

Have you tried clearing the app data and cache? You could also try using a third party messaging app like gosms, handcent.

Droid 4 - CM10.2

OP
K

KJabs

Reaction score
Yes, I've done that, several times. I'm going to try doing a fastboot and trying a fresh image, or a CM10 rom or something. If that doesn't work I'm buying a new phone.