Stock email app looses acct. passwords

Algae998

Reaction score
Im using the stock email app that came with my Note 2. frequently, I keep getting email notifications stating ' Your account*_____*could not be authenticated. If you have recently changed your email password, please enter the most current password in settings to continue receiving emails'. ive received this email for my added yahoo, gmail and other emails accounts. I havent changed the passwords on any of these email accounts and know the passwords are correct. sometimes I have to edit the email accounts and reenter the passwords in the app, multiple times in order to get the account working again.

I like using one email app that has all my accounts, rather than a yahoo app, gmail app, etc.

any ideas?

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
I am currently getting the same message but it is only for my Yahoo account. I am interested to see what solutions people have to offer.

Sent From My Verizon Galaxy Note II

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
it happens most frequently with my yahoo accounts but does happen with other accounts.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Same here, so I use Aqua mail or K9 mail, both work very well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
Multiple Client Conflict?

I have seen this issue on various Android devices of mine where I have more than one device and/or PC that can access the email server at the same time. Many such servers don't work well with authentication requests to the same account from multiple devices at the same time. Giving it a few minutes usually clears up the "deadlock" for my accounts. See if waiting a few minutes and/or stopping all other email clients you might have active on other devices helps.

I had one Android email client - forget which - that was especially bad about keeping a "prolonged lock" on the account, and I finally got rid it, which cleared up the issue then. It seems I am seeing this more frequenty on a new ISP I switched to, Frontier, that uses Yahoo to provide its email services.

HTH

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've only found that yahoo mail does this with the stock email app. The other apps I mentioned never give me any problems.

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
I've only found that yahoo mail does this with the stock email app. The other apps I mentioned never give me any problems.

OK. that jibes with my recent experience with Frontier/Yahoo email on my Note2 with its stock email app. I was seeing that, also, with my ICS Droid Bionic that I switched from last week to the Note2 I just got. I guess Yahoo is not playing nice with recent versions of the Android email client. Does your problem clear up on its own if you wait a while before retrying (i.e. no re-entry or re-setting password)?