Stock Droid 1 kernel?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by janson745, Jan 14, 2011.

1. janson745

janson745 New Member

Okay, so I was trying to revert to stock so I can update my phone and use google goggles. When I try to flash back to my Stock backup, I get an error saying "This does not seem to be a valid backup. The MD5 file is missing."

Does anyone have an update.zip of just the stock kernel? I am not running any ROMs or anything, just changed my kernel for overclocking purposes. I would like to revert back to stock for a little bit.

Any help is appreciated!
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

"Going back to stock" for different phones can mean different things...

Did you flash ClockworkMod Recovery? / SPRecovery?
    Do you want to go back to "factory" stock? As in, no root, no custom recovery, no OC/custom kernel, no custom ROM...?

If you're looking to do that, an SBF is one option (imo the most reliable ONCE YOU GET A "PASS"...but it's not without some sweat along the way...) A master OTA for FRG83D is another. Either way, you'll end up losing all of your data if you return to a stock, un-rooted ROM since you'll have to clear all your data/cache to flash a stock system ROM over a custom ROM. And with going to a non-rooted ROM, you'll have no easy way to restore it.

For the SBF method, refer this this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

For the Master OTA method, go here (**Try this first, it's less risky**):
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/80664-unroot-back-stock-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

FYI: If you can find a kernel that has IPv6 support (I don't know if any exist...I've never searched, because I've never tested Google Goggles until now! lol), then Google Goggles should run fine.
  3. janson745

janson745 New Member

Thank you very much! I appreciate your response!
Search tags for this page

droid 1 touch screen not working