Stock clock vs. new app

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
Forgive me, as I am a brand new Android (Droid X) user as of two days ago. I just found the forum and have started going through the Sticky forums, but most of the stuff is over my head, other than adding a few free apps and installing them....heh. I'll keep reading and doing the SEARCH thing, but help me get started faster.

First issue is with a CLOCK:
-- Right now, I am staying with the stock Droid red eye wallpaper. Is there a way to keep the stock clock graphic on the page permanently? It goes off when I unlock the screen....OR....

-- If I download/install Beautiful Widgets or Weather&Toggle for the clock/weather, can I still use the stock Droid red eye wallpaper? Or the wallpaper automatically has to be chosen from one of the BW/W&T wallpapers?

Thanks for any help!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you use a widget your wallpaper will stay the same. Just behind the widget.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Q

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
Any way to keep the stock clock graphic on at all times, i.e., still on after the screen is unlocked?

Thanks on the widget answer, though...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its been a while since I ran stock but look through your motorola and android widgets by long pressing on empty screen space. They may have that same clock available but I don't remember.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
There are many free clock widgets that you can place in the middle of your screen. A few that come to mind are Clockr, D-Clock Widget, gTab simi Clock, TypoClock and Tajm. Some are available on the market and some you can get by doing a simple search.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Typo clock is stylisticly similar to the lock screen one but I like it a lot more
aefe5a11-f218-79dc.jpg

jesse27

Reaction score
looking in the android market, i can't find typo clock- do i have to be rooted or am i just not searching for the right thing

Technoman

Reaction score
Home dock has a similar clock, and I know there is a way to open without actually having the multimedia dock.

Last edited:
OP
Q

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
Any way to keep the stock clock graphic on at all times, i.e., still ON after the screen is unlocked?

Sooooo....just wondering....back to the original question. Does anyone know the answer to THAT?

I''ll likely go to an aftermarket clock later, but just wondering...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by the question. Are you asking if the clock on the lockscreen can be placed on the homescreen?

OP
Q

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
I'm a little confused by the question. Are you asking if the clock on the lockscreen can be placed on the homescreen?

Yes...the 3/8" high clock numerals, with small day/date underneath...that comes stock on the locked screen. Can it be configured to stay on the home screen when the screen is unlocked? (And if so, can it be moved, like a widget, a little higher so that it fits in the top of the home screen?)

Wall.E

Reaction score
I'd like that clock as well....the closet I've found is Beautiful Widgets. They have a clock font almost exactly like the lock screen clock.

musicman

Reaction score
If you can find a similar font style with beautiful widgets you can make the widget background transparent so it just shows the numbers. I hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App