Stock Browser issue

jedi

Reaction score
If I do a basic google search, get result list, then choose one of the result urls.
Everything is fine till this point.

Now, when I try to return to the main result page (via the back arrow on the razr menu) it just exits the browser app and returns to the home screen.

Am I missing a setting or doing something incorrectly?

Its annoying since I essentially need to start a new search from scratch.

Thanks for any feedback.

bullswife98

Reaction score
+1^^^ I too am having this happen as well. Don't know why its doing it either, its very frustrating whenever I hit the back button on my phone, it seems like it takes me completely out of it and have to retype it in again to search what I'm looking for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
Hmmm. Not sure why that would be. Have you tried clearing your cache and/or data?

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Me too. Also, how do you get rid of the 3 bookmarks by verizon? They have little lock icons on them. I've tried long pressing to no avail.

T

TheAlpha

If I do a basic google search, get result list, then choose one of the result urls.
Everything is fine till this point.

Now, when I try to return to the main result page (via the back arrow on the razr menu) it just exits the browser app and returns to the home screen.

Am I missing a setting or doing something incorrectly?

Its annoying since I essentially need to start a new search from scratch.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've also had the same problem. Maybe it'll be fixed in the ICS update...??

jlew

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I ended up switching to dolphin browser hd which works great.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Having the same issue. It seems to be intermittent though. Other than that I like the stock browser.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have not used the stock browser much - as it always seems to have little quirks...I noticed one 3rd party browser suggested already and Dolphin HD is definitely nice but I would also recommend for you to try out Boat Browser...there are also several others in the market that will offer more benefits, less headaches :)...good luck!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Very interesting. I use the stock browser almost exclusively. I tried opening the browser, Typed what I was looking for, and the search popped up. Clicked a link. From there clicked another link. Then hit the back button twice. I let the web pages load before hitting back again. No issue. Tried the search widget. Same thing. No issue. Went right back to search. Try restoring defaults in the stock browser. Also make sure you are on the latest OTA. I am at. 173.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure its only 1 tap not multiple taps or long press.

Tap let previous page load then tap again..

Two quick taps always lands me back home.. The key is letting previous page load then tap again.

----posted maxx'ed out----

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happens to me too on my bionic:eek: and yes I do clear data/cache every now and then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk